ApacheCon is Coming 9-12 Sept. 2019 - Las Vegas The Apache Software Foundation
Apache 20th Anniversary Logo

Community-led development "The Apache Way"

Apache Support Logo

This was extracted (@ 2020-10-11 22:10) from a list of minutes which have been approved by the Board.
Please Note The Board typically approves the minutes of the previous meeting at the beginning of every Board meeting; therefore, the list below does not normally contain details from the minutes of the most recent Board meeting.

Meeting times vary, the exact schedule is available to ASF Members and Officers, search for "calendar" in the Foundation's private index page (svn:foundation/private-index.html).

DRAT

19 Aug 2020

Terminate the Apache DRAT Project

 WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache DRAT project has
 arrived at a consensus to recommend moving the project to the Attic; and

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it no longer in the best interest
 of the Foundation to continue the Apache DRAT project due to inactivity;

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Apache DRAT project is hereby
 terminated; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Attic PMC be and hereby is tasked with oversight over
 the software developed by the Apache DRAT Project; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache DRAT" is hereby
 terminated; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache DRAT PMC is hereby terminated.

 Special Order 7C, Terminate the Apache DRAT Project, was
 approved by General Consent.

19 Aug 2020 [Tom Barber / Roy]

No report was submitted.

15 Jul 2020

Terminate the Apache DRAT Project

 WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache DRAT project
 has arrived at a consensus to recommend moving the project to the
 Attic; and

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it no longer in the best interest
 of the Foundation to continue the Apache DRAT project due to
 inactivity;

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Apache DRAT project is hereby
 terminated; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Attic PMC be and hereby is tasked with oversight
 over the software developed by the Apache DRAT Project; and be it
 further

 RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache DRAT" is hereby
 terminated; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache DRAT PMC is hereby terminated.

 Special Order 7D, Terminate the Apache DRAT Project, was
 tabled.

15 Jul 2020 [Tom Barber / Patricia]

## Description:
The mission of Apache Distributed Release Audit Tool is the creation and
maintenance of software related to large scale code license analysis, auditing
and reporting.

## Issues:
The project has little  to no activity.  A discussion ensued to shut down the
project. There is emerging consensus to do so. We propose to shut the project
down next month.

Chris Mattmann has requested a transfer of the Github repo of the project back
to his own personal github.com/chrismattmann repo. It will  not be referred
to as Apache DRAT and will just be DRAT. 3 members of the PMC agree and Roy
Fielding chimed in  that this is OK.

## Membership Data:
Apache DRAT was founded 2017-09-19 (3 years ago)
There are currently 14 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ahmed Ifhaam on 2018-08-30.
- No new committers. Last addition was Ahmed Ifhaam on 2018-08-28.

## Project Activity:
There is none. The project has no activity, emails, or development occuring.

## Community Health:
We propose to spin down the PMC and project next month and transfer the Github
repo back to chrismattmann/drat. It won't be Apache DRAT. It will just be
DRAT.

@Roy: complete process for Attic processing of DRAT

17 Jun 2020 [Tom Barber / Niclas]

No report was submitted.

20 May 2020 [Tom Barber / Justin]

No report was submitted.

@Justin: pursue a report for DRAT

18 Mar 2020 [Tom Barber / Dave]

## Description:
The mission of Apache Distributed Release Audit Tool is the creation and
maintenance of software related to large scale code license analysis, auditing
and reporting.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache DRAT was founded 2017-09-19 (2 years ago)
There are currently 14 committers and 14 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ahmed Ifhaam on 2018-08-30.
- No new committers. Last addition was Ahmed Ifhaam on 2018-08-28.

## Project Activity:
There’s  not much  going  on  since we were stalled a bit on the 1.0 release
since it was complicated and involved some bits and pieces from OODT. There
are still at least 3 active folks (Mattmann, Tom Barber, and Imesha, for one),
so I think we’re just slowly moving along.

## Community Health:
The project is a slow project, and intrinsically tied to OODT in many ways.
1.0 is basically done, we were just trying to pin it to a version of OODT that
didn't rely on Avro and still used XML-RPC (for now) and then upgrade to Avro
later. There is sufficient oversight and still enough people that care we just
move slow.

19 Feb 2020 [Tom Barber / Myrle]

No report was submitted.

@Myrle: pursue a report for DRAT

20 Nov 2019 [Tom Barber / Dave]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - DRAT is still awaiting a 1.0 release and is still currently blocked by the
   latest Apache OODT codebase. Work is still progressing to resolve that.
 - A new React based user interface has also been prototyped and plans are
   being worked on to integrate that UI into the Apache DRAT codebase.

## Health report:
 - Slow pace of development, but functioning PMC and looking to get 1.0
   released.


## PMC changes:

 - Currently 14 PMC members.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added to the PMC on Thu Aug 30 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added as a committer on Tue Aug 28 2018


## Releases:

 - Work is ongoing to ready a 1.0 release

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity was pretty flat, but expected

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 16 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):
    - 0 emails sent to list (50 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

21 Aug 2019 [Tom Barber / Daniel]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - There has been some work on DRAT in this reporting period. It is currently
   waiting for the next OODT release so it can hit its own 1.0 release. There
   has also been additional community involvement with UI fixes and
   enhancements these are due for submission to the main codebase shortly.

## Health report:
 - Slow pace of development, but functioning PMC and look to get 1.0 released.


## PMC changes:

 - Currently 14 PMC members.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added to the PMC on Thu Aug 30 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added as a committer on Tue Aug 28 2018


## Releases:

 - Work is ongoing to ready a 1.0 release

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity was pretty flat, but expected

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 16 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):
    - 0 emails sent to list (50 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

15 May 2019 [Tom Barber / Myrle]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - More ongoing work was done in this period to ready DRAT for a 1.0 release
   this includes bug fixes in the UI and rendering logic to make it more
   usable.

## Health report:
 - Slow pace of development, but functioning PMC and look to get 1.0 released.


## PMC changes:

 - Currently 14 PMC members.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added to the PMC on Thu Aug 30 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added as a committer on Tue Aug 28 2018


## Releases:

 - Work is ongoing to ready a 1.0 release

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity was pretty flat, but expected

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 16 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):
    - 50 emails sent to list (4 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

20 Feb 2019 [Tom Barber / Ted]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - The discussion to start an RC was instigated but not actioned upon due to
   Chris switching his focus. Discussion will restart about an RC shortly,
   this can also take in new features in the OODT stack being worked on
   currently.

## Health report:
 - We are ready for a 1.0 RC1.
 - We expect some activity to pick up with 1.0 RC1.
 - In addition we also expect integration of the Avro integration work from
   Apache OODT (not a blocker to 1.0RC1 for DRAT) will also spurn some
   interest.
 - Slow pace of development, but functioning PMC and look to get 1.0 released.


## PMC changes:

 - Currently 14 PMC members.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added to the PMC on Thu Aug 30 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added as a committer on Tue Aug 28 2018


## Releases:

 - Chris Mattmann will volunteer to be the RM for Apache DRAT 1.0. We slipped
   a little but are on target for a CY2018/1st Q 2019 release.

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity took a slight dip. Main reason I believe is that we
   are waiting to test and integrate Apache OODT 1.9-dev with the AvroRPC
   module in our code base. It's not a blocker to releasing 1.0 for Apache
   DRAT but I think Imesha is waiting for that to be tested. Mailing list
   activity will probably spike for a bit in the next quarter as we roll RC1
   for 1.0 Apache DRAT.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
       - 17 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months)
       - 4 emails sent in the past 3 months, 56 in the previous cycle

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

16 Jan 2019

Change the Apache DRAT Project Chair

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors heretofore appointed Chris Mattmann
 (mattmann) to the office of Vice President, Apache DRAT, and

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors is in receipt of the resignation
 of Chris Mattmann from the office of Vice President, Apache DRAT,
 and

 WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache DRAT
 project has chosen by vote to recommend Tom Barber (magicaltrout) as
 the successor to the post;

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Chris Mattmann is relieved and
 discharged from the duties and responsibilities of the office
 of Vice President, Apache DRAT, and

 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Tom Barber be and hereby is
 appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache DRAT, to
 serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
 Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
 death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
 until a successor is appointed.

 Special Order 7D, Change the Apache DRAT Project Chair, was
 approved by Unanimous Vote of the directors present.

21 Nov 2018 [Chris Mattmann / Mark]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - The next steps are to make an RC1. Chris Mattmann will send a thread to the
   dev list and spend some time in the next few months putting this up.
 - Though activity has slowed a bit we have a functional Apache DRAT prototype
   working for the ASF (similar to a "Gump" style service) and are ready to
   roll an RC1.

## Health report:
 - We are ready for a 1.0 RC1. Chris Mattmann will volunteer to be the RM.
 - We expect some activity to pick up with 1.0 RC1.
 - In addition we also expect integration of the Avro integration work from
   Apache OODT (not a blocker to 1.0RC1 for DRAT) will also spurn some
   interest.
 - We did take feedback from Ted Dunning after standing up the Apache DRAT
   prototype on our VM and update the UI based on his feedback (you can now
   search by projects in the DRAT UI).
 - Ahmed our awesome GSOC 2018 student was added as a PMC member and
   committer.


## PMC changes:

 - Currently 14 PMC members.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added to the PMC on Thu Aug 30 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - Ahmed Ifhaam was added as a committer on Tue Aug 28 2018


## Releases:

 - Chris Mattmann will volunteer to be the RM for Apache DRAT 1.0. We slipped
   a little but are on target for a CY2018/1st Q 2019 release.

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity took a slight dip. Main reason I believe is that we
   are waiting to test and integrate Apache OODT 1.9-dev with the AvroRPC
   module in our code base. It's not a blocker to releasing 1.0 for Apache
   DRAT but I think Imesha is waiting for that to be tested. Mailing list
   activity will probably spike for a bit in the next quarter as we roll RC1
   for 1.0 Apache DRAT.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 16 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
    - 56 emails sent to list (221 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

15 Aug 2018 [Chris Mattmann / Shane]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Ahmed Ifhaam our amazing GSOC 2018 student revolutionized the Proteus DRAT
   web interface, combining the separate D3 viz app (historical over all
   repos) with the cockpit-style, run DRAT a repo at a time and see what's
   going on app. With his updates and work we will be able to release a DRAT
   1.0 soon.
 - Chris has been working hard along with Tom Barber to merge and test Ahmed's
   code and provide feedback.
 - The work leading up to DRAT 1.0 and the new Proteus web I/F written in
   Vue.js from our GSOC 2018 project revealed a severe stability bug in Apache
   OODT 1.2.2, leading to an Apache OODT 1.2.3 patch release to fix it and to
   stabilize DRAT.

## Health report:
 - The activity is up big time, and there are many people commenting on the
   Github issues and pull requests. Chris has done a lot of work to get the
   issue tracker cleared up in prep for a 1.0 release.
 - The plan is when we are done with this sprint for GSOC 2018 and Ahmed's
   work is finally wrapped up, we will deploy an update at
   http://drat.apache.org/demo/ and also to http://drat.apache.org/asfgit/. We
   will probably move on to give the website some love.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 13 PMC members.
 - New PMC members:
    - Nipurn Doshi was added to the PMC on Tue Jun 12 2018
    - Thejan Wijesinghe was added to the PMC on Sun Jun 10 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 13 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Nipurn Doshi was added as a committer on Wed Jun 13 2018
    - Thejan Wijesinghe was added as a committer on Mon Jun 11 2018

## Releases:

 - There have been no releases yet, but we are planning on a 1.0 in the Fall.

## Mailing list activity:

 - Much more mailing list development activity and conversation has been
   occuring mainly surrounding GSOC 2018, and surrounding issues including the
   Apache OODT 1.2.3 patch released uncovered by Apache DRAT testing.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 16 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
    - 216 emails sent to list (73 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

16 May 2018 [Chris Mattmann / Roman]

- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
  Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
  code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - we are currently voting on the addition of a few new PMC members and
   committers and will have something to report next quarter here.
 - Google Summer of Code has started and we have a project to improve the DRAT
   UI with Ahmed Ifhaam to evolve the DRAT UI. Chris Mattmann is mentoring and
   we expect some activity around the project.
 - Wayne Burke and Phil Otilinger made some minor updates to the website to
   conform to the branding policy by fixing the year mentioned and to clean
   the website of old artifiacts.
 - Lewis McGibbney upgraded DRAT to the latest released version of OODT
   (1.2.2) and to the latest Tomcat (9.x)


## Health report:
  - we are a small but growing project. There are some big opportunities to
    make DRAT the defacto code analysis tool used by all of our projects. We
    need to get our Drat-Viz full ASF website published and we also need to
    think about a Maven plugin. But beyond that we are healthy, adding new
    committers and PMC, participating in GSOC and slowly but steadily growing.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 11 PMC members.
 - Philipp Ottlinger was added to the PMC on Mon Feb 26 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 11 committers.
 - Philipp Ottlinger was added as a committer on Tue Feb 27 2018

## Releases:

 - None to date

## Mailing list activity:

 - Activity is consistent. Expect a bunch of GSOC emails in the next few
   months and activity there. Chris also wants to finish getting the DRAT full
   ASF viz up on the website so we expect there to be some activity there.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 16 subscribers (up 2 in the last 3 months):
    - 73 emails sent to list (71 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

21 Mar 2018 [Chris Mattmann]

## Description:
- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
 Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
 code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
- Philipp Ottlinger was elected to the DRAT PMC and as a committer
- The new DRAT website is up and going! http://drat.apache.org thanks to
 Nipurn, Shivika, Wayne, and Philipp for all the hard work
- there is increasing activity surrounding people trying to use DRAT with a
 lot of comments and potential bugs and issues to fix in various
 environments.
- Chris Mattmann registered for GSoC 2018 as a mentor and posted several
 issues in the DRAT Github and tagged them with gsoc and gsoc2018 labels
- one of the issues https://github.com/apache/drat/issues/113 already has
 interest


## Health report:
- Still want to turn our attention to getting a full ASF scan of DRAT over the
 Github/Gitbox repositories for ASF projects as a start.
- GSOC 2018 will help with attracting more contributors (already doing so in
 #113)

## PMC changes:

- Currently 11 PMC members.
- Philipp Ottlinger was added to the DRAT PMC and as a committer on
 2018-02-27

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 11 committers.
- Philipp Ottlinger was added to the DRAT PMC and as a committer on
 2018-02-27

## Releases:

- Working towards a 1.0 release still. Hopefully in the next quarter.

## Mailing list activity:

- Mailing list subscriptions remain stable. There hasn't been as much mail
 sent (about half as much). I think folks just were focused on getting the
 website going, and I think the next step of running DRAT over all the ASF
 repos weekly will generate a lot of traffic. Also I think making a first
 release will also do that. Finally GSOC 2018 will likely generate more
 mailing list traffic as well.

- dev@drat.apache.org:
   - 14 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
   - 45 emails sent to list (82 in previous quarter)

- issues@drat.apache.org:
   - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

21 Feb 2018 [Chris Mattmann]

No report was submitted.

20 Dec 2017 [Chris Mattmann]

## Description:
 - Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
   Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
   code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Phil Otilinger put together a draft web site for us up at
   http://drat.apache.org/
 - Nipurn Doshi and Shivika Thapur put together another draft at
   PR #110 here https://s.apache.org/bQss
   - currently working on getting this to be the main DRAT website, by
     updating content


## Health report:
 - We have had bug reports from a community member who may be a good candidate
   for the PMC.
 - We’ve had website development from two community members who are not yet
   PMC or committers and they may also be good candidates.
  - Now that we have our demo VM up, we will turn our attention to getting the
    weekly Apache reports out there for all of ASF Github. We just need to
    write some scripts to get this done. Hopefully by next quarter and its
    report.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 10 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 10 committers.
 - No new changes to the committer base since last report.

## Releases:

 - None as of yet, but hopefully will release a 1.0 soon once the ASF weekly
   report is up.

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list subscriptions remain stable. Increasing amount of mail coming
   for discussions surrounding The website, setting up the VM and working with
   infra, and various bug fixes related to DRAT and OODT that came out of
   standing up the demo.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 14 subscribers (up 14 in the last 3 months):
    - 85 emails sent to list (0 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 10 in the last 3 months)

15 Nov 2017 [Chris Mattmann]

## Description:
 - Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper
 around Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to
 complete on large code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 1. Working on design of DRAT website, can be seen here in drat #98 [1]
 2. Stood up DRAT VM (see INFRA-15304 [2]) and demo service of DRAT proteus,
    here: https://drat.apache.org/demo/ (evaluate one repo at a time), and
    here: https://drat.apache.org/asfgit/ (generated weekly, full DRAT runs
          and statistics for ALL of the ASF git repositories. Thanks to Chris
          Lambertus and infra for helping us get going there.
 3. In standing up DRAT on Ubuntu, we ran into some Apache OODT bugs in the
    recent 1.2 release, and are working with Apache OODT to roll a 1.2.1 that
    fixes these bugs. In addition we were able to harden DRAT a bit more as
    described in DRAT #100 [3] and #101 [4].

## Health report:
 - We've had some engagement from Wayne Burke who started a thread to figure
   out whether or not we wanted to create a #drat channel in ASF slack.
   Mattmann went ahead and created it after the thread on dev@drat.
 - Shivika Thapar and Nipurn Doshi are working on the website design as
   described in DRAT #98 [1].
 - Thejan Wijesinghe from Apache Tika's GSOC 2017 project has began testing
   DRAT and is filing tickets (e.g., DRAT #104 [5].
 - Phil Ottlinger of the Creadur community is checking out DRAT and wants to
   help with the website.
 - The project's activity is ramping up, but still remains a small set of
   folks working on it.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 10 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 10 committers.
 - No changes (the PMC was established in the last 3 months)

## Releases:

 - None yet

## Mailing list activity:

 - More emails being sent to the dev list, including commits, and issue
   activity from Github. A thread was started to discuss website development
   that linked to several Github issues. Now that we have our Proteus demo
   up at https://drat.apache.org/demo/, we expect more folks to check out
   and try DRAT. We also will begin shortly publishing weekly runs of Apache
   DRAT against all ASF Git repos at https://drat.apache.org/asfgit/. Both of
   these will likely generate more mailing list activity.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:
    - 14 subscribers (up 14 in the last 3 months):
    - 29 emails sent to list (0 in previous quarter)

 - issues@drat.apache.org:
    - 10 subscribers (up 10 in the last 3 months)


[1] https://s.apache.org/EUKE
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15304
[3] https://s.apache.org/Bbiw
[4] https://s.apache.org/sr0N
[5] https://s.apache.org/Xkc8

18 Oct 2017 [Chris Mattmann]

## Description:
 - Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper
 around Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to
 complete on large code repositories of multiple file types.


## Issues:
 -  there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
1.       Getting infra set up
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15144  👍
2.       Tyler
Palsulich made some commits to pull the README current and Chris
made some commits to test out Gitbox.
https://github.com/apache/drat/pull/97
3.       Getting ready for
a 1.0 release this quarter. https://github.com/apache/drat/issues/43
4.       Preparing the initial Apache DRAT web site.
https://github.com/apache/drat/issues/98


## Health report:
The project has minimal mail activity, but it’s growing. We are
just starting up. We’ve had a few commits from mattmann from palsulich
for the code switchover and to test out the commits list and Gitbox.
palsulich's commits were of a PR from Thejan W, a GSoC student who
participated in Apache Tika this summer. He has expressed interest
in helping out with DRAT as well.

## PMC changes:
 - Currently 10 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members added in the
 last 3 months

## Committer base changes:
 - Currently 10 committers.
 - No changes (the PMC was established
 in the last 3 months)

## Releases:
 - We haven’t made a release yet, but we are going to work on a 1.0
 release this quarter.

## Mailing list activity:
 - The current mailing list subscribers are those initial members
 of the DRAT PMC. No big mailing activity yet.  We’re a small but
 growing community.

20 Sep 2017

Establish the Apache Distributed Release Audit Tool (DRAT) Project

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
 interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
 purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged
 with the creation and maintenance of opensource software,
 for distribution at no charge to the public, related to large
 scale code license analysis, auditing and reporting.

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
 Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Distributed
 Release Audit Tool (DRAT) Project", be and hereby is established
 pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Apache Distributed Release Audit
 Tool (DRAT) be and hereby is responsible for the creation
 and maintenance of software related to large scale code
 license analysis, auditing and reporting; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Distributed
 Release Audit Tool (DRAT) " be and hereby is created, the
 person holding such office to serve at the direction of the
 Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Distributed
 Release Audit Tool (DRAT) Project, and to have primary
 responsibility for management of the projects within the
 scope of responsibility of the Apache Distributed Release
 Audit Tool (DRAT) Project; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
 hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
 Apache Distributed Release Audit Tool (DRAT) Project:

 * Tom Barber <magicaltrout@apache.org>
 * Wayne Burke <wmb@apache.org>
 * Brian Fox <brianf@apache.org>
 * Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org>
 * Lewis John McGibbney <lewismc@apache.org>
 * Tyler Palsulich <tpalsulich@apache.org>
 * Paul Ramirez <pramirez@apache.org>
 * Karanjeet Singh <karanjeet@apache.org>
 * Michael James Joyce <joyce@apache.org>
 * Steven Francus <francus@apache.org>


 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Chris Mattmann
 be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache
 Distributed Release Audit Tool (DRAT) , to serve in
 accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board
 of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
 resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
 until a successor is appointed

 Special Order 7A, Establish the Apache Distributed Release Audit Tool
 (DRAT) Project, was approved by Unanimous Vote of the directors present.