Apache Logo
The Apache Way Contribute ASF Sponsors

This was extracted (@ 2017-10-21 03:10) from a list of minutes which have been approved by the Board.
Please Note The Board typically approves the minutes of the previous meeting at the beginning of every Board meeting; therefore, the list below does not normally contain details from the minutes of the most recent Board meeting.

2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | Pre-organization meetings

Executive Assistant

20 Sep 2017

* Working with JimJag re shipping of swag to All Things Open
* Coordinated w/Sally and Sharan re booth equipment (banners and table cloth)
 for European events.

16 Aug 2017

* Working with Regina (Frenkel & Co.), Tom, and Kevin regarding D&O insurance
 renewal.
* Working with JimJag re shipping of swag to All Things Open
* No issues at this time

19 Jul 2017

No issues to report at this time.

21 Jun 2017

*Monitoring of all email and following up with appropriate personnel when
needed

*Handled booth logistics for ACNA’17, ordered banners (as per Sally’s
request), shipped the existing inventory of swag for giveaways

*Set up and tore down booth – shipped banners and some swag back to my house –
Sharan took the majority to have on-hand for the Europe events.

*Staffed the booth at ACNA’17 – attendance was great, as always! We had lots
of traffic stopping by every day!
*Attended the ApacheCon Planner’s Meeting at ACNA’17

17 May 2017

A report was expected, but not received

19 Apr 2017

EA Report:

Monitoring of all email and following up with appropriate personnel when
needed

Handling booth logistics and collaborating with Sally on the banner orders and
placing the orders

Collaborated with all re the “past-due invoice” from CSC, which was for the
processing of the annual report.

Fundraising

* Hope to meet up with the VPs of Fundraising at ACNA’17 to discuss the
 problems w/in the fundraising system and how I can be of assistance.
 Trademarks:
* Hope to meet up with Shane at ACNA’17 to catch up on Trademarks issues and
 discuss how I can be of assistance.

15 Mar 2017 [Andy Seaborne / Mark]

Monitoring of all email and following up with appropriate personnel when
needed.

Gearing up for ACNA’17. Collaborating with Sally and Sharan Foga on swag and
booth logistics, etc.

No report was submitted.

27 Feb 2017

Monitoring of all email and following up with appropriate personnel when
needed

Gearing up for ACNA’17. Will be working with Sharan Foga on swag and booth
logistics, etc.

Handled/processed CSC invoice for payment for renewal of Corporate
registration

18 Jan 2017

Nothing to report; I've been catching up on emails from my absence.

21 Dec 2016

As usual, this is the slow time of year. I’ve been working with Accounting to
obtain the actuals for ACEU (had to wait for the credit card statement to get
the currency conversion). All actuals are in, and we came in $4,809.96 under
budget (as seen in my VP TAC report).

The booth was very busy, as it always is! We had a prime location, and I was
able to convince the LF to let us keep the booth up an additional day (ASFers
like to use the booth as a common meeting area/mingling spot). Due to the lack
of sponsors in the “technology showcase”, the booths were scheduled only for
Tuesday and Wednesday – I hope this improves for Miami!?

The leftover swag was sent back with Sharan Foga for use at FOSDEM 2017.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy/Healthy New Year to all!!

16 Nov 2016

Interim VP, TAC Report:

•	Busy month working on the final details and distributing that information to
the TACers
•	Working on a solution for an online schedule so the TACers can pick the
sessions they wish to attend/chair. Having it online is more efficient than
working off of paper copies, and by doing so, everyone at any given time knows
who is the session host of what session. This is important in the event of
schedule clashes/missing session host/etc. so that we can get a new host
assigned immediately.
•	Setup a HipChat channel for onsite communication
•	In addition to the TAC session host responsibilities, the recipients will
also be responsible for setting up the digital audio recordings in each room
every morning and retrieving them at the end of the day
•	Preliminary numbers show we are under budget


EA Report:

Most of the month was spent on TAC

ApacheCon:

•	Recently discovered that the booth is only up for two days – Tuesday and
Wednesday
•	Travel, hotel, and registration completed for the new Infra hires

19 Oct 2016

This report represents the roles of the EA as well as the Interim VP of TAC:

•	27 applications submitted; 14 approved, 1 declined assistance due to
 last minute work obligations
•	All flights and lodging booked
•	Request for (out-of-cycle payment) wire transfer for the hotel sent
 10.17.2016
•	All visa invitation letters and pertinent documents sent
•	Preliminary numbers show we are under budget
•	Everything is running very smoothly

ApacheCon:

•	Collaborations continue with Sharan re promotional items for the ASF
 booth
•	Sharan and Jean-Frederic Clere will be co-facilitating the BarCamp – I
 have put them in touch w/the LF to work out the details.

Misc:

•	Assisted VP, Infra with setting up interviews
•	Sent package to Jim for him and Shane to distribute at “All Things Open”

21 Sep 2016 [Andy Seaborne / Greg]

Acting VP, TAC Report:

August 25th Ross appointed me as the Acting VP of TAC. Since then:

•	Assembled new TAC Team consisting of four new folks; two of which are past
TAC recipients (one was an undergrad at the time of receiving the TAC
acceptance for ACNA New Orleans).
•	Timeline/planning doc updated and shared w/TAC team members – everything is
currently on schedule
•	Confirmed the reg fees with LF ($550 pp to attend both events; $100 pp as
co-presenter)
•	Webapp up and applications opened on Aug 22nd; 17 applications submitted and
3 pending
•	Emails announcing applications open were sent to committers@, members@,
pmcs@, dev@community, announce@, and discuss@apachecon. Also sent to Sally for
her to buzz it around her networks.
•	The suggested changes to the application questions will be incorporated into
the webapp for ACNA Miami
•	Budget confirmed w/Ross and Tom
•	Applications close on Sept 16th; judges call is scheduled for Sunday, the
19th.
•	Ross asked for a comparison of application numbers (at the one-week prior to
closing apps) from ACEU'16 to ACNA'16.... o	ACEU'16 one week to close: 10
submitted; 4 pending - APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 19 DAYS!! o	ACNA'16 one week to
close: 24 submitted; 3 pending - APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR THREE MONTHS!!! o	
o	ACNA'16 had 7 submitted; 4 pending at the 19 days mark, so we're actually up
on numbers

ApacheCon:

•	Collaborating with Sally and Sharan re preparations for the ASF booth at
ACEU.
•	Sharan will facilitate the BarCamp

No report was submitted.

17 Aug 2016

TAC:

Despite repeated emails to VP, TAC over the past month and a half, I am not
receiving responses. I spoke w/Ross about this in July; Ross sent an email to
Nick on July 14th – no response.

Meanwhile:
•	I created a DRAFT timeline for ACEU16 and sent to the TAC team (~July 14th)
to review/edit/modify/etc. – no response.
•	TAC has received a few emails advising of tac applications submitted
(they’re not full applications – just a name and answer to the first
question). Again, despite several emails to Nick inquiring about this, I still
have not received a response.
•	TAC was supposed to be reviewing/revising the application questions based on
feedback received from past participants and with speaking with folks at
ACNA16 and OSCON. – Despite repeated emails re this and if it’s being done, I
have heard nothing.
•	Main page on http://apache.org/travel/ still reflects all the info for
ApacheCon Vancouver – despite my emails re this.
•	There is no obvious info on the website for ACEU 16 (since it still has info
for ACNA16)…the only way to get any info on ACEU 16 is to click on the “online
application” – from there, it pulls up info for Seville. Which, oddly enough,
I see the dates have now changed… “Time is very tight for this event, so
applications will open on Aug. 14, 2016 and will end on Sept. 30, 2016 - to
give enough time for travel arrangements to be made. Notifications will be
sent out by Oct. 5, 2016.” …. Last I knew, the applications were due to open
on July 23rd??!! But then again, what do I know since no one has responded to
my (repeated) inquiries.?!!?

ApacheCon:

* Collaborating with Sally and Sharan re preparations for the ASF booth at
 ACEU.

Operations:

* Following up on the past-due invoice received for the Directors and Officers
 insurance (payment already sent – advised CSC of this).

Fundraising and  Trademarks:
*Continuous monitoring of both

Misc:
*Handled misc requests for Apache stickers

20 Jul 2016

TAC:

* Post-conference surveys were sent to the TACers. The responses have been
 slow, therefore, a reminder has been sent. We plan on including these
 stories on the website.
* Waiting on the TAC to confirm essential dates in order to create a timeline
 for ACEU16
* TAC reviewing/revising the application questions based on feedback received
 from past participants and with speaking with folks at ACNA16 and OSCON.

ApacheCon:

*Assisting Rich with sending emails to the user@ and dev@ project lists to
“spread the word” re CFP open

Operations:

* Handled the renewal for the Directors and Officers insurance; advised
 relevant parties that the executed renewal documents and invoice will be
 sent upon receipt
* Handled the renewal of the Delaware Corporate Tax Filing; sent paperwork to
 all for filing in svn and paying invoices

Fundraising and Trademarks:
* Continuous monitoring of both
Misc:
*Handle misc requests for Apache stickers and other swag

15 Jun 2016

TAC:

* Post-conference surveys were sent to the TACers. Some of the stories will be
 included on the website.
* Final expenses will be provided by Nick when finalized. In the process of
 reconciling with the Linux Foundation (they owe the ASF for reimbursement on
 the speakers they agreed to fund, but we paid for upfront for convenience;
 and we owe them for the TACers registration fees).

Fundraising

* Handled the requests for new bronze sponsorship

18 May 2016

ApacheCon and TAC: TAC:

* 16 applicants attended; (19 initially approved - 1 dropped out and 2 were
 denied visas - one from Cuba, one from India)
* Final cost will be provided by Nick

ApacheCon (Booth Duties):

* Due to father’s medical condition, I was unable to attend ACNA’16
* Lined up booth replacements and sent the pertinent information/documents to
 the replacements
* Claim filed for refund of my flight. If, for some bizarre reason it is
 rejected, the credit can be used on a future flight.

Fundraising

* Fielded any inquiries that came in during ACNA’16 on Hadrian’s behalf

20 Apr 2016

ApacheCon and TAC:

TAC:

* After receiving a record-breaking number of applications (48), 19 were
 accepted (this includes the folks that were accepted after the Board agreed
 to increase the budget, as well as the LF-funded folks [3]).  One applicant
 dropped out of the LF-funding due to indecision; we’ve advised the LF re
 this since he is a speaker.

* All flights have been secured and sent to the applicants
* All rooms have been secured and confirmation numbers sent to the applicants
* All visa invitation letters have been sent to the applicants
* I continue to field and respond to the applicants’ queries
* Hotel invoice and flights reimbursement have been submitted to svn and
 accounting@ is doing an out-of-cycle payment for this and the flights –
 thank you, Accounting Team!!

ApacheCon:

* Made hotel reservations, conference registrations, and in one case, made
 flight arrangements for the Infra folks
* Collaborating with the LF personnel re booth logistics, shipping logistics,
 etc.
* Order placed for the giveaways

Fundraising:

* Hope to meet up with the VPs of Fundraising at ACNA’16 to discuss the
 problems w/in the fundraising system

Trademarks:

* Due to my time commitment to TAC, Trademarks have fallen behind on my end,
 but luckily, Shane has been staying on top of the issues.

16 Mar 2016 [Andy Seaborne / Chris]

ApacheCon and TAC: TAC
* Since the last board report, where TAC only had 14 submitted applications
 and 4 pending, we closed out at 48 applications and 1 pending – a record!
 Kudos to the TAC Team for the extensive PR coverage and pulling in more
 applications!! This is the highest number of applications to date!!

*Awaiting budget approval from the board for increased budget, but to date
nine acceptance letters have been sent out, and all rejection letters have
been sent out.

*Preparing flight proposals and rooming assignments
*Working on a VERY tight timeline, so everything has to be done very quickly
and efficiently


Quarterly Report
*Melissa completed the missing section from Craig

Fundraising

*There are holes everywhere, we have no accurate records, sponsors are not
getting answers
* Melissa will look at how we can ensure we get clarity on this

Trademarks:
* Tracking of registrations and follow-up items continues

No report was submitted.

17 Feb 2016

ApacheCon and TAC:
* Melissa sent out the "time is running out" email to members@ and
dev@community on 2.5.16, and a reminder on 2.10 that the CFP closes in two
days.
* Melissa talked to Sally re social media
* TAC sent a reminder email to their channels
* TAC have received 14 submitted applications and 4 pending

Trademarks:
* Tracking of registrations and follow-up items continues

20 Jan 2016

TAC:
* 10 submissions; 2 pending
* Will be preparing the "behind-the-scenes" spreadsheets shortly in
preparation for the close of application

FOSDEM
* Working with Daniel on swag; awaiting response from Sally regarding whether
the new logo will be "production ready", if not, we'll use old logo.  Daniel
sourcing swag locally, I left a lot of swag from ACEU with a few folks to
carry to FOSDEM.
* Agreed Melissa will not attend, due to the cost, since there are plenty of
local volunteers

16 Dec 2015

ApacheCon and TAC:

The TAC have been working on a plan to attract more newbies and more students.
One way in which we are doing this is by having past recipients complete a
“TAC Interview”.  This interview is a questionnaire consisting of a few
personal questions, and a list of 13 questions that we ask that they choose
between 2-4 to answer.  The request was sent out to the last two ACEUs and the
last two ACNAs (43 total), and we’ve received 8 responses back.  We are going
to post these “testimonials” on our website, and also have them linked to the
LF’s site - these details remain to be worked out. Application questions have
been revised to make some areas clearer. TAC Application announcements have
been revised and sent out. Working w/LF on areas that need improvement between
TAC/LF.

ComDev Meetup Webapp: Still having problems accessing the CMS; awaiting fix
info from Infra

18 Nov 2015

ApacheCon and TAC:
•	The completed surveys were dropped into the travel assistance file in svn
•	Final figures not in yet from TAC Chair
•	As a result of our call w/LF, it was agreed that LF will remove their travel
funding info from the CFP and their site and direct people to TAC instead.
TAC will inform LF of any speakers not accepted from TAC, in the event they
would like to fund.
•	Efforts being taken to get more visibility/publicity within the universities
•	Working with Nick to revise/revamp application questions ComDev Meetup
Webapp
•	Getting caught up-to-speed on how to do this so I can take it over from Rich

21 Oct 2015

ApacheCon and TAC: It was a very successful week.  We had a total of 11
TACers, 10 of which were first-time recipients of the program.  All shared
their enthusiasm and appreciation for being there and expressed that it was a
wonderful experience and they learned a lot.  Through the sessions and
discussions with other attendees, many have expressed their eagerness to join
in on different projects. As usual, booth traffic was very busy. I will be
assisting Nick in the TAC “re-boot” effort.

16 Sep 2015

ApacheCon and TAC:
•	All flights booked
•	Rooming assignments done and wire transfer requested
•	Registrations done
•	Giveaways ordered
•	Booth logistics sorted
•	Lodging and registration sorted for Daniel Gruno, our TAC OTG
(on-the-ground) helper
•	TAC Welcome Dinner and subsistence money being paid by Daniel; he will
submit for reimbursement afterwards

19 Aug 2015

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel OSCON:
•	Special thanks to Geoff Corey who took on the responsibility of booth
coordinator in my absence, as well as all of the other wonderful volunteers
that helped Geoff with the booth!
•	All receipts submitted in svn and sent to Accounting ApacheCon and TAC:
•	We had a total of 27 submissions; 12 successful recipients ranging the globe
from: Korea, France, Russia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Australia, Netherlands, India,
Denmark, China, Toronto and France.
•	All flights booked, with the exception of the young man coming from China;
however, that is expected to be booked by the 13th.  His flight exceeds the
maximum limit of $1,750, and we (the committee, backed by Ross) have advised
him that he/his company will be responsible to pay the difference prior to my
booking his ticket. o	Special thanks to the wonderful Accounting Dept for
accommodating my wire transfer request out-of-cycle, which ended up saving the
Foundation money in fare increases expenses. o	Flight expenses paid to date
are GBP 7693.10; one remaining flight of GBP 1123.36, makes the grand total
for flights GBP 8816.46, which is $13,734.58 USD, which is way over the
estimated budget of $8,809!!
•	All visa letters sent out
•	Preliminary rooming assignments sent in o	Will submit the wire transfer
request for the lodging prior to the 15th of September.
•	Processing of the registrations is undergoing – awaiting the discounted code
from LF
D&O Insurance:
•	Worked with Tom from Virtual on obtaining quotes for our D&O insurance
•	Opted to renew with Connie at Carolina Casualty
MISC
•	Donation sent to St. John's Ambulances - http://www.stjohn.ie - in Nóirín's
name on behalf of the ASF.
•	Package of stickers sent to a colleague of Chris Mattmann's, per Sally's
request.
•	Fruit & nut basket sent to Craig @LF for the loss of his brother, per Rich’s
request.

15 Jul 2015

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel OSCON:
•	All of the logistics completed
•	As it turns out, due to medical issues, I will be unable to attend OSCON;
however, I will be coordinating with the folks who have volunteered their
services re staffing the booth and booth set up and tear down
•	I will be able to use my unused flight ticket for Budapest; therefore, that
expense will not be a loss.

ApacheCon and TAC:
•	Applications opened on July 4th and will close on July 17th
•	Gav, Jan, Daniel, and Ross have volunteered their time to be judges
•	We will be working on a very tight timeline; however, I have confidence in
our team in completing our tasks on schedule!
•	Gav sent an email to the community seeking more TAC volunteers; to date, we
have three new recruits

17 Jun 2015

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel

OSCON:
• Our application for a booth in the non-profit pavilion has been accepted
• Contract signed and returned to the OSCON Team
• Currently working with the OSCON Team on the booth logistics
• Dennis Hamilton (AOO) has agreed to participate in booth duty again this
year, along with Shane and Roman.
• Giveaways have been discussed with Sally; we have agreed to eliminate the
current inventory, thereby no additional expenses will be incurred there.

ApacheCon and TAC:
• Nothing to report here – my involvement hasn’t started yet

Misc:
• Collaborating with Sally on future events that having an ASF presence at
will be beneficial
o Sally will poll the community to see who will be at what events, and if
there is any availability/willingness to have a booth; we will then prioritize
from there.

20 May 2015

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel
Fundraising:
• Payments received for renewals:
• $50k charitable donation (not a regular sponsor)
• As of the time of submitting this report (May 13th, 2:35pm), I have not
received a response from Virtual re sponsor payments rec’d; therefore, I have
no further info to report on payments.
• AmazonSmile registration completed
• MS Matching Volunteer Time registration completed Virtual:
• Became an official employee as of May 1st
ApacheCon and TAC:
• Booth attendance was great, as always! I had a lot of “old faces”, but I
also met a lot of new people that I was able to spread the ASF love to!
Including a couple of new potential sponsors.
• TAC’ers did a great job in their roles of assisting
• As always, Nick and Jan did an awesome job in their TAC roles!
• One thing I would like to point out for future events is that it would be
great if the booth set-up time didn’t clash with the TAC meeting/dinner; I was
not able to attend the TAC meet and greet dinner due to the tight booth set-up
restrictions! This is the first time this has happened, so hopefully it will
be the last time too!
Trademarks:
• Work resumes with Shane on registrations
• I now have the resources available to be able to assist Shane more
effectively with the incoming queries.
Misc:
• Application for non-profit pavilion for OSCON completed on May 1st.
Accepted applicants to be announced May 26th
• Collaborating with Sally on future events that having an ASF presence at
will be beneficial
• Sally will poll the community to see who will be at what events, and if
there is any availability/willingness to have a booth; we will then prioritize
from there.
• Stickers ordered for Marcel Kinard for Cordova as part of Sally’s
“ProjectApache Project sticker request [was: Apache project S: let's work
together.]” initiative.

22 Apr 2015

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel Fundraising:
•	Hadrian has migrated the information from the spreadsheet over to Zoho CRM.
We will be meeting in Austin to discuss workflow processes with Zoho
•	Payments received for renewals:
•	$50k for the first of two installments from a platinum
•	$5k for a bronze
•	$110 – prorated amount for a gold that upgraded to platinum (great work,
team!!)
•	$40k from a gold

Virtual:
•	Upon receiving and reviewing the employment offer from Virtual, I had
discussions with Ross and Virtual to confirm salary details.  Upon receiving
feedback from Virtual, it was decided that the salary terms were not
acceptable and the paperwork was not signed. The ASF is seeking an alternative.

ApacheCon and TAC:
•	All work with TAC completed
•	Booth logistics all sorted
•	Giveaways all en route to the venue
•	Sorted hotel reservations for a few last-minute folks

Trademarks:
•	Flowing smoothly – all requests have been caught up- some projects still
need to provide the information to us in order to process the application, but
they are aware of this and just need a little time to compile all of the data.

Misc:
I’d like to extend a heartfelt thank you for being nominated and voted
in as a Member.  This is truly a huge honor, and it really made my heart
smile! So, thank you very much!

18 Mar 2015

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel.

Fundraising:
• Work continues with Hadrian on past-due and upcoming renewals
• Will be migrating the information from the spreadsheet over to Zoho CRM
• Payment received from a platinum sponsor
Virtual:
• After discussions with Ross and Tom, it was agreed that I will be switching
over to a Virtual employee
• Had discussions w/Virtual’s HR folks and completed the paperwork for them to
proceed
ApacheCon and TAC:
• I’d like to give a great shout out to Jan Iversen for all of his hard work
and diligence with the handling of the TACers! Thank you, Jan!!
• With the exception of one (waiting to receive a passport), all flights have
been booked.  Despite the fact that it took approximately two weeks to get the
wire transfer sent/received, we were lucky in that the original estimates of
the fares remained the same (we usually get zapped here with fares going up).
• The initial payment for the flights didn’t cover all of the flights, so Nick
decided rather than waiting for another transfer and risk the flights going
up, he put the remainder on his credit card.
• For the first time since I’ve been assisting TAC, we overturned and withdrew
an acceptance due to discovering false information that was submitted on the
application.  The applicant did not disclose the fact that he was receiving
financial aid from another source and tried to hide it and deny it after he
brought it up.  The TAC judges ruled on dismissing him, and Gav as VP of TAC
supported that decision.
• Working with the hotel now for securing the TACers lodging; sent the
financial information to Nick in order to request a wire transfer.
• I’ve registered the TACers for the conference using Craig’s cc and submitted
that info to Accounting.
• Collaborated with Sally on giveaways
• Working with LF regarding the booth logistics
• Made hotel reservations for two Infra personnel and Sally Trademarks:
• Now that there is a clear process in place, work has resumed with Trademarks
• Sent several follow-up emails to PMCs that had previously expressed interest
in registering their projects’ marks.  As a result, a few have progressed into
the stage of their application being submitted to the USPTO.

18 Feb 2015

Fundraising/Virtual:
•	Working with a few new folks that have requested sponsorship info; one of
which has become a silver sponsor (payment already received)
•	Work continues with Hadrian on upcoming renewals
•	Hadrian heading up the CRM for Fundraising effort
•	Responded to inquiry from Virtual re 2014 990 info ApacheCon:
•	Remaining ACEU 2014 exchange rates calculated and submitted to Nick
•	Invoice submitted to LF for reimbursement of $950 for three TACers they
agreed to fund for ACEU 2014
•	ACNA 2015:  8 applicants approved, 7 accepted.  Info sent to the travel
agent for 5 TACers to obtain proposed itins; prepping visa invitation letters,
and secured hotel for the three that will require visas
•	Collaborating with Sally on giveaways
•	Working with LF regarding the logistics for the TACers and the conference in
general

21 Jan 2015

Fundraising/Virtual:
• Credit cards have all been received and activated
• $65k received in sponsorship payments; Obtained a new silver sponsor this
past month, and there are two new requests for info on becoming a sponsor (one
silver, the other not specified)
• CRM for Fundraising – Hot Wax Media putting together a team to start working
on the CRM this week Misc:
• Stickers ordered for Jan I for FOSDEM and European events
• Apache Bigtop stickers ordered for Kostantin

17 Dec 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel Fundraising/Virtual:
•  Work still continues with Virtual re credit cards.  Citizens requested
additional paperwork/ID from Chris two weeks ago, which was provided. Virtual
is doing their part – Citizens needs to step up and get the cards issued!
•  Spoke with Tom and Lynsey on 12.11 re the cc situation.  Tom will be on the
board call and will answer any questions.
•  The credit card situation has gone on WAY TOO LONG, and we need a resolution
– we need credit cards in hand.  No more excuses, let’s get it done.
•  As of this writing, the sponsorship payments received since the last Board
Report are:  $20k WANdisco (re-instated sponsorship); $50k Comcast; and $10k
Cerner – final installment (upgraded from Bronze and paid six months early!).
•  CRM for Fundraising – should have a proposal within a week from Hot Wax
Media with their recommendation (they’ve been busy with traveling to/from
India, Thanksgiving, etc.).
•  Fundraising up-to-date at the moment; Jim and Hadrian transitioning into
their roles like pros! ApacheCon Europe:
•  TAC:  Final hotel bill (436,48 EUR) received on 12.2 – sent to Accounting
for payment
•  ACEU was a huge success – thanks to Rich for all of his hard work!! As
always, I had a lot of traffic at the booth! Everyone that I spoke with
thoroughly enjoyed the conference and the giveaways!

19 Nov 2014

I'm keeping this month's report short...

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel Fundraising/Virtual:
•	Work continues with Virtual re credit cards.  Application has been submitted
to Citizens Bank for a $30k monthly limit – cards should be received by the
end of the month.  A special thank you to Lynsey from Virtual for her
assistance!
•	You can refer back to my previous board reports re renewals, if you’d like.
Due to the lack of response, I’ve sent out the past-due and upcoming renewals,
which one company did not take kindly to.  Ross will elaborate, I’m sure.
•	Discussions underway for a CRM for Fundraising – no update here – I haven’t
received a proposal from Hot Wax Media yet.
•	Knowledge transfer has initiated between myself and Hadrian/Jim wrt to the
Fundraising activities.
•	WANdisco reached out on the Nov 3rd to reinstate their silver membership.
From start to finish, all was said and done in three days (and that includes
payment!)
•	HP requested their renewal invoice early ApacheCon Europe:
•	TAC:  All flights booked; rooming assignments have been finalized and a wire
transfer has been requested
•	BarCamp:  Work ongoing w/updating wiki, etc. Lewis McGibbney has been
instrumental in making this happen – thank you, Lewis!
•	Sent materials list to Annie (LF) for what is needed onsite
•	“Ask Me” pins, and stickers (advertising the 15th anniversary logo) have
been ordered

Misc:
•	Stickers sent to Nithya Ruff, SanDisk, per David’s request.  The package was
just returned today due to non-sufficient postage – will re-send.
•	Craigslist donation acknowledgment letter sent to Tiffany, per her request.

15 Oct 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel Fundraising/Virtual:
•	Work continues with Virtual re credit cards.  We’ll be submitting an
application to Citizens Bank for a $30k monthly limit (AmEx didn’t suit our
needs) to be divided amongst five cards with limits set according to needs
(Prez, EVP, Secretary, Treasurer, and VP Infra).
•	Payments received from Bluehost (new bronze sponsor), Basis Technology,
Cerner (rec’d ½ now with the balance due in six months - upgraded from bronze
to silver), and EILEO SAS/Hertz (new donation of 1,500 EUR)
•	Reminders have been sent to the sponsors that we are awaiting payment from
(Comcast and Liip AG SA Ltd)
•	Reminders have been sent to Upayavira wrt the past-due and upcoming renewals
for the gold and platinum sponsors; Samsung sponsorship agreement received and
awaiting a signature from ASF for processing payment (reminders have been
sent)
•	Discussions underway for a CRM for Fundraising
•	ApacheCon Europe:
•	TAC:  All flights booked; rooming assignments have been sent to the hotel –
awaiting their invoice in order to request a wire transfer
•	We have one TAC’er that is pushing it close for a visa – his appointment is
Nov 5th – he has been advised by both Jan I and myself to seek an early
appointment date.
•	Jan I has been an amazing shepherd - I thank him so much for all of his hard
work!!
•	In the process of researching giveaways that will have a special 15th
anniversary logo!
•	Flight, hotel, and registration made for Infra’s new contractor; hotel and
registration made for Gav
•	BarCamp:  Linux Foundation awaiting info from Nick

17 Sep 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel Fundraising/Virtual:
*	Work continues with Virtual re obtaining information on credit card options
with AmEx.  I had several conversations with Tom wrt AmEx options, as well as
the block on the existing WF cards
*	Invoices sent to new sponsors:  Bluehost and Samsung
*   Revised invoice also sent to new sponsor EILEO SAS/Hertz for EUR 1,500 (I’ve
been working with them since last fall).
*	Renewal invoices have been obtained from Lynsey and sent out for the folks
I’m responsible for
*	Reminders have been sent to the sponsors that we are awaiting payment from
*	Reminders have been sent to Upayavira wrt the past-due and upcoming renewals
for the Platinums
*	Complete analysis was performed on the “Thanks” page of our website to
ensure it matches with our current sponsors and the necessary modifications
were made (LucidWorks was removed from the thanks page, as they are no longer
an active sponsor) ApacheCon Europe:
*	It was a busy month with the TAC work.  To date, all of the flight bookings
have been made, minus three folks from whom we’re awaiting further details
from in order to book the flights, but we anticipate this happening within a
week.
*	Preliminary rooming assignments have been made based upon the information I
have.  I will send the rooming assignments to Nick for review/approval prior
to submitting to the hotel.
*	Wire transfer information has been obtained from the hotel, and I will
submit a request to Michelle Ball (Virtual) closer to the date when everything
is finalized.
*	Requested visa invitation letters from the Corinthia Hotel for two TAC’ers;
composed invitation letters on behalf of the ASF for the same and sent to the
shepherd for passing on
*	Registered the TAC’ers requiring registration
*	In communications with Sally and Rich re budget for ACEU giveaways; will be
using a new vendor out of England for these items Trademarks: Per Ross, I have
pushed trademarks to the back burner for now MISC:
*	Sent two boxes to Rich for LinuxCon Chicago
*	Sent a box of stickers to Lewis McGibbney for CodeFest
*	Assisted Lewis with his inquiries regarding the Hadoop meetup for the end of
Sept

20 Aug 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel

OSCON:	
•	Setup booth, staffed it, and tore it down
•	As per usual, we had very heavy booth traffic Fundraising/Virtual:
•	Worked w/Virtual to obtain contact at AmEx for credit cards
•	Working with AmEx on obtaining information on credit card options
•	As of this writing, I’m awaiting further information from AmEx on the
possibility of obtaining cards that are tied to the Foundation for financial
responsibility, rather than to the primary card holder personally and the
Foundation.
•	Participated in bi-weekly call with Virtual; working with Lynsey on current
sponsors and invoicing procedures ApacheCon Europe:
•	In communications with Nick and Jan I re assisting with TAC (this should be
in full speed by EOW/early next week
•	Participated in a conference call with a potential new vendor for European
events
•	Introduced Angela to Christian Grobmeier for a possible collaboration for
t-shirts for European events

Trademarks:
•	Coordinating with Shane re TM issues
•	Created a trademarks tracking s/s – captured all of the trademarks issues
(that I’m aware of) and sent to Shane – awaiting comments/further information
from him MISC:
•	Misc changes and additions to the Lands’ End online store
•	Coordinated with Helene (our travel agent) to change the hotel reservation
for the Infra F2F from Joe’s name to Rainer Jung (the res was non-cancellable
and non-refundable)
•	Ordered Flowers for Ross and family; ordered gift card for Jake Farrell
•	EA contract renewed
•	D&O insurance renewal completed and submitted

16 Jul 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, tm-registrations@, and board@) and following-up with
appropriate personnel

Fundraising:
•  Created email and sent to Upayavira to send to current sponsors (26
 customized emails sent to Upayavira) to arrange a meetup at OSCON
•  Coordinating sponsor meetings at OSCON; forwarded original meet-up request
 to internal contacts to help facilitate the meetings
•  Participated in bi-weekly call with Virtual

OSCON:
•  Keeping calendar of booth staff availability, as well as setting up sponsor
 meetings
•  Hotel reservations secured for Melissa and Upayavira – awaiting a scanned
 copy of Jim’s CC (front and back) and ID to send to the hotel for
 pre-authorization
•  Collaborated with Sally for new artwork for a new 8x8 wall banner and new
 table cloth; both of which have been ordered and received
•  Set up call w/Cat Allmann of Google and GSoC mentors
•  Sent 20 packages via FedEx

ApacheCon Europe:
•  Participated in call with Angela, Dana, and Rich
•  In communications with Nick to ramp up for assisting with TAC
•  Working with Dana re lodging, visa letters, etc. for the TACers
•  Provided ACEU past attendees registration information to Rich (for Angela)
•  Provided past TAC registration fees to Nick for aiding in calculating ACEU
 fees

Trademarks:
•  Coordinating with Shane re TM issues
•  Created a trademarks tracking s/s – captured all of the trademarks issues
 (that I’m aware of) and sent to Shane – awaiting comments/further information
 from him

MISC:
•  Sent package of Apache swag to Rich, and a package of stickers to Chip
•  Researched and created an online store at Lands’ End where folks can
 purchase products with the ASF logo
•  Completed and sent D&O Insurance application for review to Ross, Treasurer,
 and Sam for completion
•  Worked with David Nalley to secure flights and hotel for an Infra F2F in
 Cambridge
•  Coordinated with Helene (our travel agent) re our options of cancelling
 Joe’s flight and hotel for the Infra F2F

18 Jun 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate personnel

Fundraising:
•	Renewals sent; followed up on invoices previously sent
•	Great month = $185k in renewals received; thank-you emails sent
•	Completed further paperwork for EMC for Pivotal’s vendor system
•	Created new tab to track activity with potential sponsors
•	Created sponsor payment schedule for Virtual
•	Will be helping to coordinate sponsor meetings at OSCON

OSCON:
•	Submitted application, contract, boilerplate and logo for our booth;
 furniture and electricity have been ordered
•	Giveaways have been researched, ordered, and received
•	Researched flights and hotel; hotel also secured for Upayavira

ApacheCon Europe:
•	In communications with Nick to ramp up for assisting with TAC
•	Coordinated with Angela to have travel application info put on website
 and CFP

Trademarks:
•	In communications with Shane wrt how to effectively assist him; will be
 setting up a call to discuss and will follow-up discussions while at
  OSCON

MISC:
•	Coordinated travel for the Infra F2F meeting
•	Coordinated with Michael Strehmann to send stickers to Jan Iversen
•	Stickers sent to Chip Childers

21 May 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate personnel


ApacheCon - TAC:
 • Received final hotel bill from The Westin; submitted in svn, Gav approved,
   awaiting payment from Chris

Fundraising:
 • Created new task sheet in the Sponsorship spreadsheet to streamline the
   process of renewals and follow-ups
 • Received acknowledgements from Yahoo! and Pivotal on invoices submitted;
   completed vendor form for Pivotal’s AP System; issued revised invoice to FB
   to include their PO#
 • Sam and Chris will work with Wells Fargo to add me to the account for “read
   access” so that I can monitor the incoming payments and follow-up on the
   past-due renewals more efficiently and effectively.

OSCON:
 • Submitted application for a non-profit pavilion booth; application has been
   approved; process has begun to complete the exhibitor application and
   contract
 • In discussions with Sally re giveaways

MISC:
 • Created and shared an Infra Vacation calendar that I will be maintaining
 • Participated in a ConCall with Sam and Virtual, Inc. for introductory
   purposes pertaining to Sponsorship issues
 • Sorted out the 1099 error with Chris; Chris to send an amended 1099

16 Apr 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate personnel

 ApacheCon:  90% (includes TAC)

     Very busy month; progressing well - Rich will provide more information
     Placed orders for this year's giveaways and shipped to the venue
     Shipped the Apache booth material to the venue
     Finalized the booth logistics with the venue
     Staffed the booth at ApacheCon and the Cloudstack Collaboration
       Conference
     Assisted with getting the BarCamp organized and set-up
     It was a very successful week, with 100% positive feedback from
       everyone that I spoke with

 TAC:

     Continued to work with the TAC applicants to answer all their
       inquiries prior to arriving in Denver, as well as on-site
     Followed through with the direct bill application to the Westin for
       the TAC'ers and staff lodging with the Westin’s Accounting rep.

 Fundraising:  10%

     Continuing to follow-up on renewals sent out
     Monitoring and preparing invoices for upcoming renewals
     Sam and Chris will work with Wells Fargo to add me to the account for
       “read access” so that I can monitor the incoming payments and
       follow-up on the past-due renewals more efficiently and effectively.
     Sent out invoices for the sponsors due for renewal
     Met with Upayavira at ACNA to discuss fundraising activities and
       processes in which to improve upon

19 Mar 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate personnel

 ApacheCon:  90% (includes TAC)
     Very busy month; progressing well - Rich will provide more information
     Researched items for this year's giveaways (to be used for ACNA,
       OSCON, ACEU and community events throughout the year) and awaiting
       shipment.
     Assisted Rich with helping "spread the word".  Please forgive the
       inundation of emails received on March 5th - I misunderstood Rich's
       instructions and sent an email for each Project and Track to comdev@
       rather than to dev@PROJECT.  Well, on the plus side, ya can't say we
       haven't gotten the word out!! ;)
     Currently working on the booth logistics

 TAC:

     Sent all rejection and acceptance letters out
     All flights and hotel reservations have been made and sent to the
       successful applicants
     All documentation required for the applicants needing a visa have been
       sent.  4 out of the 5 needing a visa have successfully received it;
       the 5th has a visa appointment the week of March 10th.
     I've submitted a direct bill application to the Westin for the TAC'ers
       and staff lodging (rather than doing a wire transfer) - awaiting
       approval on that from the Westin.
     Fielded a very large amount of inquiries from the TAC'ers.  A handful
       of folks were full of questions and uncertainty on what to do and
       how to proceed; with a little TLC, I was able to guide them through
       the entire process and ease their nerves.

 Fundraising:  10%

     Continuing to follow-up on renewals sent out
         Working with the Treasurer's Office for a solution for me to gain
           visibility into payments.  This will alleviate some of the
           workload on their end, as well as enable me to gain the
           information needed in a more timely manner for following up on
           the past-due invoices.
         Sam has fixed the info in svn so it is now readable.  Sam and
           Chris will determine what is needed from WF in order for me to
           gain read access into the account so that I can have "real-time"
           info (the info in svn is only posted after Chris writes his
           board report).
     Sent out invoices for the sponsors due for renewal
     A great big thank you to Sally, who has been in communications with
       our Platinums.  As a result, we've obtained a PO# for Google's
       Platinum renewal, and I've submitted the invoice through their
       online portal (invoice is showing as approved; just awaiting
       payment), and I've sent out the Yahoo! renewal.  She is awaiting
       responses from Microsoft (they just came off of vacation, so she's
       giving them adequate time to catch up) and Facebook.

19 Feb 2014

Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate personnel

 ApacheCon:  70% (includes TAC)
     Very busy month; progressing well - Rich will provide more information
     Placed a reorder for the "Ask Me" pins and stickers (half of which is
       being sent directly from the vendor to Michael Stehmann in Germany
       for OOO's 2014 events, as well as for distributing amongst others in
       the EU.  By doing so, this will reduce our shipping costs
       tremendously).
     Researched items for our giveaways (will be placing an order within a
       week or so)
     Sent email for a volunteer to edit the website to update the ApacheCon
       info at the top right of all pages (still reflects Portland info)
     Sent email for volunteer to create the Speaker Slide Template

 TAC:

     Initial preparations made so we can proceed immediately with the
       planning on Feb 10 after the judges make their decision

 Fundraising:  25%

     Updated "Thanks" page on website
     Sent letter to Craigslist acknowledging their payment
     Call w/Upayavira on Jan 22 to discuss pending renewals and upcoming
       renewals.  We will be having bi-weekly calls starting on Feb 6
     Continuing to follow-up on renewals sent out
     Sent quote to Produban (per their request) for Silver renewal (not due
       until Aug 1)
     Sally (per Upayavira's request) reached out to the Platinum sponsors
       regarding their renewal and approached the subject of the proposed
       new "Diamond" level

 Misc:  5%
     Sorted FedEx invoice for a shipment sent to Lewis McGibbney and
       committed to svn for processing
     Prepared package to Michael Stehmann for FOSDEM (Rich graciously
       agreed to take with him so we could avoid the $176+ in shipping
       costs...thanks again, Rich!!)
     Completed the annual report questionnaire received from CSC.  Sent to
       Ross for review of a couple of missing bits of information
     Contract renewal - signed on Jan 20
     Weekly status calls with Ross and Rich

15 Jan 2014

I've been told that the Board would like a % breakdown of where I spend my
time.  This is tricky because every day and every month is different!! For
December, I'd say I spent about 50% Fundraising, 20% ApacheCon, 10%
Event-in-a-Box, 15% on emails, and 5% on Trademarks.  I'm sure these figures
are not totally accurate, but they are my best "guesstimate", and they will
vary every month.

 * Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@,
   trademarks@, treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with
   appropriate personnel

 * Fundraising:
     * Fundraising still progressing very well.  I'm actively following up
       on the gold, silver, and bronze renewals that have been sent out; as
       well as sending out new renewals.

 * Sent Upayavira and Sally (per Upayavira's request) an email wrt the
   Platinum sponsorship renewal status.

 * ApacheCon:
     * Progressing well - Rich will provide more information
     * Weekly status calls with Ross and Rich
     * Event-in-a-Box:
     * Provided all the cost estimates to Ross and Rich; Ross has indicated
       that this is now in his hands
     * Contract renewal  - June's contract was never renewed due to Ross's
       busy schedule; we're in negotiations for the Dec renewal.
       December's contract has still not been renewed.

 * Trademarks:
     * Nothing new added to the manual this month
     * A lot of emails have come through to trademarks@, and Shane has been
       handling them immediately

 * Audit:
     * Stalled, no progress.  Jim can provide more details

18 Dec 2013

* Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
 treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate
 personnel

* Fundraising:
 * Fundraising has been progressing very well.  We're now in the
   maintain/follow-up on the invoices sent out phase, as well as preparing for
   the upcoming renewals to be sent out The "How-To" manual continues to be a
   WIP; we (Upayavira and I) add to this document as we go along

* ApacheCon:
 * Progressing well - Rich will provide more information
 * Weekly status calls with Ross and Rich

* Event-in-a-Box:
 * Provided cost estimate for the physical contents and shipping costs for
   the minimal list; awaiting call back wrt insurance costs
 * Further information is needed for the maximum list

* Trademarks:
 * Working with Shane to create a "How-To" manual for Trademarks

* Treasurer's Office:
 * Will be creating a "How-To" manual for the Treasurer's Office (this has
   been put as a low priority for now)
 * Will be assisting in the Audit in parallel with taking notes to
   incorporate into the manual

20 Nov 2013

* Daily monitoring of all email activity (ea@, fundraising@, trademarks@,
 treasurer@, comdev@, and board@) and following-up with appropriate personnel

* Fundraising:
* Fundraising has been progressing very well.  The backlog of sponsorship
 renewal invoices to be sent out have all been sent out, so now it's a
 more manageable system of "maintaining".
* Upayavira and I have agreed upon a three-strike system.
   1) Renewal invoice sent out;
   2) send a f/u email three weeks after the invoice was sent for a status
      update;
   3) three weeks after the first reminder, another reminder will go out
      for another status update.  In this reminder, we will be advising
      them that their sponsorship info will be removed from the "thanks"
      page as a sponsor.
* The "How-To" manual continues to be a WIP; we (Upayavira and I) add to
 this document as we go along.
* ApacheCon:
* Progressing well - Rich will provide more information
* Treasurer's Office:

* Will be creating a "How-To" manual for the Treasurer's Office (this has
 been put as a low priority for now)
* Will be assisting in the Audit in parallel with taking notes to incorporate
 into the manual

* Weekly status calls with Ross and Rich
* Event-in-a-Box:
* Received a lot of valuable feedback from the community

* Started a "How To Guide"
* Will need two boxes; one for the US, and one for the UK
* Will be getting an estimate for materials of two boxes (minimal list and
 maximum list); the estimate will also include shipping/insurance
 charges, etc.

* ApacheCon EU & NA videos:
* The recordings from Portland are done and posted online at
 http://www.youtube.com/user/TheApacheFoundation
* Martin working on the ApacheCon EU (Germany) videos
* Trademarks:
* Working with Shane to create a "How-To" manual for Trademarks

16 Oct 2013

* Daily monitoring of all email activity and following-up with appropriate personnel

Fundraising:
* PayPal - Our PayPal account is "locked" and cannot accept donations. Chris,
 Upayavira, and I have been working to get this situation rectified.
* Verizon - we received a matching gift notification. Followed the online
 procedures to claim the matching gift, which should hit our account by the
 end of October.
* Started creating a "How-To" manual - it is designed to be like a
 "Fundraising for Dummies"...step-by-step directions complete with
 screenshots.

ApacheCon:
* We've made a lot of progress with this. We're in the pre-contract
 negotiations stage with the Linux Foundation. We've received a proposal
 from LF, we sent back our feedback on that proposal and are having a
 ConCall at the end of this week to discuss it.
* We're interested in doing a joint event in the May/June timeframe, which
 we are very excited about - details to follow.

Treasurer:
* Follow-up needed to secure estimates for outsourcing the taxes to a CPA
* Will be creating a "How-To" manual for the treasurer's duty

Weekly status calls with Ross and Rich
* Event-in-a-Box:
* Created and sent out an initial content list to ComDev for comments and
 feedback
* Will create a "How To Guide"

18 Sep 2013

Due to a very serious personal issue, I had to focus my activities and
life around handling that situation for a couple of weeks in the past
reporting month.  Unfortunately; with that being said, my activity and
production level was lower than normal.  I thank you greatly for your
patience and understanding during this difficult period.

 * Daily monitoring of all email activity and following-up with
   appropriate personnel
 * Continued work with Upayavira re fundraising
 * Working with Chris to secure estimates for outsourcing the taxes
   to a CPA
 * Working with Ross and Rich to setup weekly calls
 * Contract renewal is still not completed; awaiting contract from
   Ross
 * ApacheCon NA 2013 videos: Rich has been working on this.  He was
   able to reduce a 17G movie file to a more reasonable 250M range
   and put it on his YouTube account.  More work is needed before it
   can be put up on the ASF’s YouTube account, I believe.

21 Aug 2013

 * Daily monitoring of all email activity and following-up with
   appropriate personnel
 * Sent stickers to Uli Stark for his upcoming (early fall) events;
   sent FedEx receipt to Chris Mattmann for accounting purposes
 * OSCON 2013: Sent exhibit packages, forwarded receipts to Chris;
   completed registration information for booth staff and submitted
   to the O’Reilly contact.  As usual, the Apache booth at OSCON was
   an overwhelming success! There were some newbies that weren’t
   aware of what Apache is, but they left with an abundance of
   information and understanding; however, the majority of folks were
   involved in Apache projects and just wanted to stop by to give
   appreciation and thanks!  A HUGE thanks goes to Justin Erenkrantz,
   Martin van den Bemt, and Florian Mueller who were my main men in
   supporting me at the booth. Of course I’d like to thank everyone
   else who stopped by during their availability to socialize with
   the attendees and answer questions!!
 * Communication re getting the D&O insurance paperwork filed and
   paid
 * Worked with Ross and Chris regarding updating the corporate
   calendar
 * Continued work with Upayavira re fundraising and how I can assist;
   next step is a call between Upayavira, Ross, and myself to discuss
   the plan Upayavira has suggested.
 * Met with Ross and Rich at OSCON to discuss the new roles and
   responsibilities
 * Discussed w/Ross and Rich the future of ApacheCons and how to
   proceed going forward.  It was agreed that we are going to seek
   alternative prospects as producers.  I had a meeting with Angela
   Brown of the Linux Foundation re the possibility of them
   organizing future events.  The informational email that she sent
   has been forwarded to Ross and Rich for their review.  Rich has
   provided two other leads.

17 Jul 2013

 * Daily monitoring of all email activity and following-up with appropriate
   personnel

 *  Further follow-up w/ComDev re CloudStack Collab Conference

 * Submitted the newthinking invoice to Treasurer for the 18.72 eur duty/tax
   for the shipment of stickers sent for the Berlin Buzzwords.  Also submitted
   the CSC invoice for the Corporate Registration Renewal for processing.

 * OSCON 2013  -  production of stickers and new 8x8 banner; submitted the
   required paperwork for the designated passes and for the furniture/booth
   rental.  Secured hotel reservation for Martin van den Bemt, who has
   volunteered to assist with the booth.  Also secured my flight and hotel
   reservations.

 * Reviewed the financial breakdown of the costs in question from TOB for ACNA
   2013.

 * Followed up on the status of the videos from ACEU 2012 and ACNA 2013

 * Email communications with Upayavira re Fundraising

Foreseeable activities for July:

 * Follow-up with ex-ConCom regarding the status of the "event-in-a-box"
   conversation

 * Send a package of stickers to Uli

 * Finalizing logistics of OSCON and shipping out the packages

 * Ross, Rich, and I will be meeting at OSCON re future ApacheCons and the
   direction thereof

19 Jun 2013

 * Daily monitoring of all email activity and following-up with
   appropriate personnel
 * CloudStack Collaboration Conference
 * Monitoring/responding to emails between Pat Barton (The Open
   Bastion) and Sally regarding the logo for the t-shirts
 * Distributed the information to the CloudStack Community re the six
   free conference passes; also sent this information to Luciano
   Resende for distributing to ComDev
 * Sent a FedEx shipment (the Apache table skirt and misc swag) to
   Matt Franklin for the Apache BarCamp Boston.  Sent the FedEx
   receipt and info to Treasurer@ so that they were aware of the
   charges and could process the payment.
 * Sent a package (stickers) via USPS to newthinking on behalf of
   Isabel for the Berlin Buzzwords
 * An additional 18.72 eur was charged for duty/tax, which newthinking
   paid; therefore, I will be submitting the invoice for a wire
   payment to them.
 * Working with Upayavira regarding the issues he has as the VP of
   Fundraising and how we can rectify the situation going forward
 * He (and I) need visibility into the account information that is
   received in the lock box.  As it currently stands, if a payment
   is received in the lockbox, he just knows how much but not who it
   is from.  We’ve been working with Chris and Sam to fix this with
   Wells Fargo so that we have visibility into this information.
 * Working with Chris and Sam to rectify the auto-pay problems that
   we’ve been experiencing with Wells Fargo.
 * Sent a couple of email reminders to Ross to commit his expenses for
   reimbursement for travel expenses relating to the 2012 Board Get
   Together.
 * Forwarded email from John Kreisa (Hortonworks) regarding use of the
   Hadoop elephant mark for the upcoming Hadoop Summit June 26th and
   27th in San Jose to Shane to review for trademark issues.
 * Sent repeated emails to Steve Holden (The Open Bastion) requesting
   the financials from ApacheCon NA 2013. There are still very few
   actual expenses reported for the conference. They plan to have
   upgrades to their accounting systems up and running by the end of this
   quarter, so they will be able to be rather more definitive for future
   events.
 * Communications with Sally re starting production/orders for Apache
   stickers/signage, etc.
 * Email communications with Sam (O'Reilly) regarding Apache’s
   involvement/space requirements/etc. for OSCON 2013.

Foreseeable activities for June:
 * Follow-up with ex-ConCom regarding the status of the
   “event-in-a-box” conversation
 * Review TOB's contract against the financial summary; follow-up with
   Steve w/questions, concerns, etc.
 * After the review of the financials (from above), if everything is
   satisfactory, we can then proceed with contract negotiations for
   the future ApacheCons.
 * OSCON 2013 – signage and sticker production for an on-time arrival
   @the OCC; completing the required paperwork for the designated
   passes and for the furniture/booth rental.

15 May 2013

Since this is my first report, I'm not sure exactly what format you'd
like it in, but here goes:

I've only started tracking/documenting my activities after April's Board
Meeting, when I was advised to start reporting.  It's been a relatively
slow month.


 * Daily monitoring of all email activity to ensure action items,
   and follow-up with appropriate personnel on said emails.

 * I've been involved in the discussions with ConCom regarding the
   "event-in-a-box" topic.  To date, I haven't heard of a
   confirmed date/time/city that these discussions will be taking
   place.

 * I've been monitoring email discussions from Citrix with ConCom
   and Brand Management in regards to Texas Linux Fest 2013.
   Citrix wants to choose the silver sponsorship package @Texas
   Linux Fest 2013 and donate it to the Apache CloudStack project
   in an effort to increase visibility to the project.

 * I've been monitoring the progress of BarCamp Boston, and I've
   been in communication with Matt Franklin and Ryan Baxter wrt
   how I can be of assistance.

 * I've been monitoring, and responding to, emails from Elizabeth
   re Lucene/Solr Revolution Europe 2013, and following up with
   ConCom to ensure they provided her the information she
   requested.  I also contacted Sally for an .eps of the ASF logo
   for this event.

 * I've been involved in email communications with Sally and Sharon
   (Strategic Account Manager for O'Reilly) regarding the
   application process for ASF's presence @OSCON as a non-profit
   exhibitor.

 * I've been in communication with Steve Holden re The Open Bastion
   listing me as the community sponsor contact on the CloudStack
   Collaboration Conference's website.  I also brought ConCom and
   Sally into the email thread to cover all bases.  ConCom so
   they were kept in the loop and to advise me if there is
   anything else I need to be aware of/doing as part of the
   "community sponsor contact"; and Sally for Marketing/PR
   purposes, obviously, and also because TOB are requesting a
   graphic (which is Sally's forte).

Foreseeable activities for May:

 * Continuing discussions with ConCom regarding the event-in-a-box.

 * Continuing discussions with Citrix regarding Texas Linux Fest
   2013.

 * Shipping the Apache table skirt and swag to Matt Franklin for
   the Boston BarCamp.

 * Ramping up for OSCON 2013.

 * Continuing discussion with TOB regarding the CloudStack
   Collaboration Conference.

I believe that should do it.  Let me know if there is something else I
need to do with this report, or if you will incorporate it into your
President's report.

20 Aug 2008

Executive Assistant Renewal

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors has deemed it necessary to
 contract support and organizational services to support
 the work of the President, and

 WHEREAS, Jon Jagielski has been determined to meet the
 requirements of the Foundation, and

 WHEREAS, the current six-month contract expires as of
 August 31st, 2008, and

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors has determined that the
 contract should be revised and renewed for another six month term;

 NOW, THERFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the President of The Apache
 Software Foundation, Justin Erenkrantz, is hereby directed to
 proceed with contracting Jon Jagielski for the services
 necessary to support the work of the President.

 Special Order 7D, Executive Assistant Renewal, was approved
 with 6 Yes votes and one Abstention.

 This was based on the understanding that Justin will convert
 the contract into an hourly rate and expand the scope to allow
 others to task the EA, on the proviso that Justin be kept in
 the loop on such activities.

 Bill agreed to seed a STATUS file with potential tasks, primarily
 for the Executive Assistant, but also potentially for the
 Secretarial Assistant, to pick up.

20 Feb 2008

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors has deemed it necessary to
 contract a position to support the work of the President, and

 WHEREAS, Jon Jagielski has been determined to meet the
 requirements of the Foundation;

 NOW, THERFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the President of The Apache
 Software Foundation, Justin Erenkrantz, is hereby directed to
 proceed with contracting Jon Jagielski for the services
 necessary to support the work of the President.

 Special order 7C, Resolution for Executive Assistant, was
 approved with 8 Yes votes and one Abstention.