Skip to Main Content
ApacheCon 2021 Coming Soon! The Apache Software Foundation
Apache 20th Anniversary Logo

Community-led development "The Apache Way"

Apache Support Logo

This was extracted (@ 2022-09-21 16:10) from a list of minutes which have been approved by the Board.
Please Note The Board typically approves the minutes of the previous meeting at the beginning of every Board meeting; therefore, the list below does not normally contain details from the minutes of the most recent Board meeting.

Meeting times vary, the exact schedule is available to ASF Members and Officers, search for "calendar" in the Foundation's private index page (svn:foundation/private-index.html).

Flagon

21 Sep 2022

Report was filed, but display is awaiting the approval of the Board minutes.

18 May 2022

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator
 2. Retire STOUT, TAP products via INFRA
 3. Move unsubscribed PPMC members to Emeritus

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 None at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 1. We are coordinating software gift from UMD for Flagon analytics
 package (Distill), via CCLA (still under review by UMD for IP release)
 2. CCLA will include at least 6 new committers and at least 1 PPMC member
 3. Substantive PRs from User Base

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 1. UserALE.js 2.3.0 release currently under VOTE on general@incubator
 2. Developments on analytical package (Distill) are currently being
 tested on fork (awaiting CCLA execution)

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2021-06-03 Apache UserALE.js 2.2.0

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson)

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
 Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any
 open issues that need to be addressed.

 Mentors remain supportive, although some procedural questions RE
 graduation actions (see above) have been unanswered

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 Yes

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

19 Jan 2022

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.  Flagon has been incubating
since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 None at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 - We expect 4 new committer VOTES in Q1 2022 following contributions into
 Apache Repos.
 - We are coordinating software gift from UMD for Flagon analytics package
 (Distill), via CCLA.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 - We have committed minor enhancements to UserALE.js and have maintained
 the code base. We expect a new UserALE.js release (v 2.2.1) in Q1 2022.
 - Developments on analytical package (Distill) are currently being tested
 and will be committed to Apache repos in Q1 2022 (pending CCLA from UMD).
 - Ongoing development and design on visualization (Apache Superset) and
 continues.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2021-06-03 Apache UserALE.js 2.2.0

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson)

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 Mentors remain supportive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 Yes.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [X] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:


--------------------
## InLong
 Apache InLong is a one-stop data ingestion platform that provides
automatic,
secure and reliable data transmission capabilities. InLong supports both
batch and stream data processing at the same time, which offers great power
to
build data analysis, modeling and other real-time applications based on
streaming data.

InLong has been incubating since 2019-11-03.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1.Improve and optimize the system to solve the system shortboard
 2.Promote the system, to let more people use and participate in the
 community
 3.Building a diverse community with open governance

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
 No issues.

### How has the community developed since the last report?
 Since the last report, about 11 new contributors have joined the
 community (currently: 69), and some users have contributed some functional
 improvements and bug fixes;
 On October 31, an offline + online Inlong community building seminar was
 held to discuss with a number of experts on how to do a good job in the
 Inlong community
 We communicated and discussed with multiple teams in the field of data
 integration to jointly improve the feature set of data integration.

### How has the project developed since the last report?
 Since the last report, we have released versions 0.11.0 and 0.12.0. In
 addition to further lowering the user threshold, including supporting all
 modules of InLong to be deployed on Kubernetes, the official website has
 been refactored, and document translation and collation have been carried
 out to facilitate user access; in features of system features, in addition
 to continuing to build functions for each module, we also completed the use
 of Pulsar for full-process high-reliability data transmission, and add the
 data audit function for the data link.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [ ] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:
 2021-12-22

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
 committer: healchow 2021-11-26
    PPMC: aloyszhang 2021-11-25

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
 Yes, our mentors are very helpful and responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
 Yes, all good here.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [X] (inlong) Junping Du
    Comments:
 - [X] (inlong) Justin Mclean
    Comments:
 - [ ] (inlong) Sijie Guo
    Comments:
 - [ ] (inlong) Zhijie Shen
    Comments:
 - [ ] (inlong) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

17 Nov 2021

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 None at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 Onboarding new contributors within a large-scale university consortium.
 We expect VOTES on new committers Q4 2020.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 We have committed minor enhancements to UserALE.js and have maintained
 the code base.
 Ongoing development and design on visualization (Apache Superset) and
 analytics packages continues.
 We expect a new UserALE.js release in Q4 2021.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2021-06-03 Apache UserALE.js 2.2.0

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson)

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 Yes, Mentors are supportive.
 Slow quarter, with focus on use-case and user community growth/training.
 Expect to reinvigorate Graduation VOTE in 2021 Q4.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 Yes.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

18 Aug 2021

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Currently discussing Graduation path (TLP, other TLP (e.g., Superset))
 2. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 None at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 Have worked with two new user communities who intend on contributing to
 Apache Flagon.

 Currently assisting them in framing software grant to ASF.

 Ongoing developments on multiple projects currently on Forks. Expect
 commits to ASF in 2021 Q4.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 Trained new committers (Gedd Johnson) on ASF release process.

 Released UserALE.js 2.2.0

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2021-06-03 Apache UserALE.js 2.2.0

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson)

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 Yes, Mentors are supportive.

 Slow quarter, with focus on use-case and user community growth.

 Expect to reinvigorate Graduation VOTE in 2021 Q4.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 Yes.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

21 Apr 2021

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Currently discussing Graduation path (TLP, other TLP (e.g., Superset))
 2. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator
 3. (see commentary under podling maturity section)

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
 None at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?
 We have seen increased user and contributor engagement:
 - in development, this quarter we have contributed 60 new commits to
 UserALE.js alone, 15 of those were from 7 contributor PRs.
 - we have seen an increase in visits to our GitHub UserALE.js from unique
 users (https://tinyurl.com/4cmcnn9a)
 - we have seen a marked increase in contributor/user issue discussion
 (https://tinyurl.com/88wafvhk)
 - we have also seen user/contributor participation in VOTEs (2.2.0 RC and
 new PPMC VOTEs)

 We have also included and are now onboarding a new committer and PPMC
 member (see below).

### How has the project developed since the last report?
 We added a range of new features and hardened our core product (e.g.,
 UserALE.js). Development has been consistent.

 New features in the last quarter will frame an upcoming release candidate
 for UserALE.js v.2.2.0, and include:
 - Redesigned logging pipelines
 - Journey Tests
 - Modernized Unit Tests
 - Updated build pipeline

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

 We anticipate reviving a VOTE for graduation in 2021 Q2.
 We have addressed most issues raised by IPMC during last graduation VOTE
 (2020 Q4):
 - [X] Add DISCLAIMER to subprojects to be retired (TAP, STOUT,
 UserALE.pyqt5, user-ale)
 - [ ] Make subprojects to be retired Read Only (in progress, but
 non-blocking)
 - [X] Add logo to https://apache.org/logos/?#flagon
 - [X] Update UserALE.js release processes for consistency with Apache
 policies for NPM Package Releases (see 2.1.1 release)
 - [X] Get all committers subscribed to appropriate lists (might still be
 missing one, but have contacted all)

### Date of last release:

 2020-03-27 (UserALE.js 2.1.0)

 Note: UserALE.js 2.1.1 has passed a successful release VOTE.
 2.1.1 Release announcement is pending website update. Artifacts are
 currently available on mirrors, GitHub, and NPM.

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson). ICLA has been received by Secretary. He
 originates from one of our core user communities.

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 Mentors are supportive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 - To date, there are no known issues of 3rd Party misuse of brand
 - 'Flagon' was cleared through the Apache PODLINGNAMESEARCH workflow.
 - 'Flagon' branded graphics will conform to Apache's Trademark and
 Branding policies.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:  Great to see the community engagement.
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments: Thanks for the detailed report!

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

20 Jan 2021

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Work with IPMC to approve draft graduation resolution
 2. Add DISCLAIMER and make read-only subprojects to be retired (TAP,
 STOUT, etc.)
 3. Add logo to appropriate Apache outlet (logos.apache.org)

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 No issues at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 Not significantly.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 -  We are working towards UserALE release 2.1.1
 -  We have been actively engaged with an expanding user base
 -  Core product source code is well maintained
 -  Preparing to complete outstanding graduation actions

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2020-03-27

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 -  Furkan (Mentor) 2019-07-24
 -  Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17
 -  Arthi Vezhavendan (PPMC) 2017-01-24

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 -  Our mentors have been very supportive and responsive
 -  Our mentors have urged us to create a Graduation resolution

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 -  To date, there are no known issues of 3rd Party misuse of brand
 -  'Flagon' was cleared through the Apache PODLINGNAMESEARCH workflow.
 -  'Flagon' branded graphics will conform to Apache's Trademark and
 Branding policies.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [X] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments: Flagon was to do degree blokced from graduating within the
    last ~3 months. I personally felt that the IMPC review of the DRAFT
    graduation resolution could have been better handled by the IPMC. There
    were a number of non-blocking items which were raised and which
eventually
    impacted the motivation to graduate. It would be nice if Flagon could
    graduate as ther podling has shown excellent underatanding of the
Apache
    Way and it's patience to mature as a podling. I will work with the
Flagon
    PPMC on the next steps as highlightes in the above report.
 - [ ] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:
 Justin Mclean: Looking at the email discussion I can't see how it was
blocked,
 a few minor things were raised that were easily fixed. All of the proposed
 PMC members have still not signed up the the private list.

21 Oct 2020

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Work with IPMC to approve draft graduation resolution (blocking)
 2. Update release practices to be consistent with NPM, Python registry
 (non-blocking)
 3. Push new UserALE.js release (non-blocking)

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 - No major issues at this time.
 - However, the community has been affected by COVID impacts on certain
 sectors.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 - COVID has affected community engagement and onboarding new committers
 - User base remains strong and continues to grow in specific markets
 - We continue to train and socialize new committers

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 - Project maturity roadmaps & release plans are maintained
 - Sub-projects are being migrated to Git Issues
 - Core product source code is well maintained
 - We continue to develop our analytical produce to expand interest

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [ ] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2020-03-27

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 - Furkan (Mentor) 2019-07-24
 - Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17
 - Arthi Vezhavendan (PPMC) 2017-01-24

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 - Our mentors have been very supportive and responsive
 - Our mentors have urged us to create a Graduation resolution

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 - To date, there are no known issues of 3rd Party misuse of brand
 - 'Flagon' was cleared through the Apache PODLINGNAMESEARCH workflow.
 - 'Flagon' branded graphics will conform to Apache's Trademark and
 Branding policies.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [X] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments: Flagon is very close to graduation. The podling status page
    has been
      updated to reflect reality
    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/flagon.html
      This has also been posted to the IMPC general@ channel
    https://s.apache.org/q0k3q
 - [X] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

15 Jul 2020

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Grow the Flagon Committer/Contributor/Community Base
 2. Refine release processes for core analytic product (Distill)
 3. Finalize (through vote) Flagon logo, get marketing approvals (e.g swag)

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 * Despite COVID impacts on our community, Flagon remains active
 * No other issues

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 * COVID has affected community engagement and onboarding new committers
 * User base remains strong
 * The community has rallied to participate in ApacheCon@Home

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 * Project maturity roadmaps & release plans are maintained
 * Sub-projects are being migrated to Git Issues
 * Core product source code is well maintained
 * The community has begun experimenting with OpenTelemetry to expand
 interest
 * We continue to develop our analytical produce to expand interest

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
 Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [ ] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2020-03-17

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 * Furkan (Mentor) 2019-07-24
 * Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17
 * Arthi Vezhavendan (PPMC) 2017-01-24

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 * Our mentors have been very supportive and responsive

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 * To date, there are no known issues of 3rd Party misuse of brand
 * 'Flagon' was cleared through the Apache PODLINGNAMESEARCH workflow.
 * 'Flagon' branded graphics will conform to Apache's Trademark and
 Branding policies.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

15 Apr 2020

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Grow the Flagon Committer/Contributor/Community Base
 2. Refine release processes for core analytic product (Distill)
 3. Finalize (through vote) Flagon logo, get marketing approvals (e.g swag)

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 * None at this time.
 * Flagon will likely draft and vote on a graduation resolution this year.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 1. Continued improving release processes and code base
 2. Continued to generate a wide user base
 3. Discussing collaborations for R&D applications
 4. New potential committers are identified and will be introduced soon

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 1. Project maturity roadmaps & release plans are maintained
 2. Sub-projects are being migrated to Git Issues
 3. Core product source code is well maintained
 4. Analytical products are being refactored to grow user base
 5. Continued attention and improvement in Apache Process

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [ ] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2020-03-17

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 * Furkan  (Mentor) 2019-07-24
 * Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17
 * Arthi Vezhavendan (PPMC) 2017-01-24

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 * Our mentors have been very supportive and responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 * To date, there are no known issues of 3rd Party misuse of brand
 * 'Flagon' was cleared through the Apache PODLINGNAMESEARCH workflow.
 * 'Flagon' branded graphics will conform to Apache's Trademark and
Branding policies.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

15 Jan 2020

Flagon is a behavioral logging platform for web pages and apps

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Grow the Flagon Committer/Contributor/Community Base
 2. Refine release processes for core analytic product (Distill)
 3. Finalize (through vote) Flagon logo, get marketing approvals (e.g swag)

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 * None at this time. Following mentors' comments in last (Q3 2019)
 report, Flagon will likely draft and vote on a graduation resolution in
 the new year.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 * continued improving release processes and code base
 * continued to generate a wide user base
 * discussing collaborations for R&D applications
 * new potential committers have been identified and will be introduced to
 the community in the new year

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 * Project maturity roadmaps & release plans (JIRA) are maintained
 * JIRA boards continue to be maintained.
 * Core product source code is well maintained
 * Analytical products are being refactored to grow user base
 * Continued attention and improvement in Apache Process
 * Expect UserALE.js v 2.1.0 RC in Q1 2020

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [X] Initial setup
 - [X] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [X] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 *  2019-08-21 Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) 2.0.2

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 *  Furkan Kamaci (Mentor) 2019-07-24
 *  Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17
 *  Arthi Vezhavendan (PPMC) 2017-01-24

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 * Our mentors have been very supportive and
 responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 * 'Flagon' was cleared through the Apache PODLINGNAMESEARCH
 workflow.
 * 'Flagon' branded images graphics are under development and
 will conform to Apache's Trademark and Branding policies.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
 - [ ] (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

16 Oct 2019

Flagon is a behavioral logging platform for web pages and apps

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Grow the Flagon Committer/Contributor/Community Base
 2. Refine release processes for core analytic product (Distill)
 3. Finalize (through vote) Flagon logo, post name change

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 * None at this time.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 * continued improving [release

processes](https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLAGON/UserALE.js+Rel
 ease+Management+Procedure) and code base
 * continued to generate a wide user base
 * discussing collaborations for R&D applications
 * the community has organically grown with a new contributors
 * the community has begun a refactoring of Flagon-Distill

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 * Completed major updates to website and repos following name change
 * Project maturity roadmaps & release plans (JIRA) are maintained
 * JIRA boards continue to be maintained.
 * Core product source code is well maintained
 * Analytical products are being refactored as of report date
 * Continued attention and improvement in Apache Process

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [X] Initial setup
 - [X] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [ ] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 *  2019-08-21 Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) 2.0.2
 *  2019-07-01 Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) 2.0.0
 *  2019-06-21 Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) 1.0.0 (ReRelease)

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 *  Furkan Kamaci (Mentor) 2019-07-24
 *  Tim Allison (Mentor) 2019-07-17

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 * Flagon thanks its new Mentors for their engagement this quarter.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [X] (Flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments: I think it is nearly time for the Flagon PPMC to draft a
    graduation resolution. I've mentioned this on the mailing list and
    received feedback on it. Recent releases prove that the release
    process and quality of source code artifacts are no longer blocking
    issues. I would like to see Flagon graduate in this next quarter.
 - [X] (Flagon) David Meikle
    Comments: Progress has been made with new mentors engaged and releases
    starting to flow.
 - [ ] (Flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
 - [X] (Flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments: I agree that Apache Flagon is ready for graduation solution
    as Lewis mentioned on the mailing list.

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

17 Jul 2019

Apache Flagon is a generalized user behavioural logging platform for web
pages and thin-client applications

Apache Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13; Apache Flagon has
officially changed its name from Apache SensSoft.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Accelerate release frequency and reduce branch complexity in repos to
 reduce adoption, contributor disincentives.
 2. Grow the Apache Flagon Committer/Contributor/Community Base around our
 core product Apache UserALE.js (Incubating)
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the Apache Flagon Roadmap [1]

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 Apache Flagon is currently suffering from unresponsive mentors:
 * Dave Meikle has been active and engaged, aside from a prolonged outage
 due to a long-term illness. We are grateful for Dave's help and assistance
 since then.
 * Lewis McGibbney has been uncharacteristically unresponsive on dev@,
 private@, and to PM. Note that Lewis has been a champion for us and have
 confidence that he will return to activity.
 * Atri Sharma has been wholly inactive. We tried to report this in our
 last Q1 report; when posted to dev@ for review, he maintained that he
 didn't the ability to cast binding VOTEs as an excuse for
 non-engagement. We softened the language in our Q1 report and encouraged
 him to participate by providing guidance, mentorship, and engaging in
 community VOTEs. We haven't heard from him since despite numerous requests
 for help and support posted to private@

 As a result of long periods of mentor absence:
 * ReRelease of v1.0.0 (at IPMC ) was delayed until mentors (Dave) were
 available to guide us through a potential copyright issue (resolved).
 * Prolonged the process of our name change as we struggled to explore
 Apache documentation and understand what we had to change (in process; HUGE
 thanks to INFRA for assisting us with some of the details).
 * Is presently impeding our release process (not enough binding VOTES)
 after tightening release procedures, and working hard to clean up our
 branch structure to increase this cadence.
 * We have struggled to get timely IPMC sign-off on REPORTs and have been
 unable to post these ourselves to the incubator wiki for lack of permission.
 * We have had to abandon our prior NPM distribution as it was released by
 a non-responsive mentor on their personal NPM account (we don't have
 credentials). [2]

 NOTE as of the date of REPORT (6/26/2019) our ReRelease of Apache Flagon
 UserALE.js (Incubating) v1.0.0 has been under VOTE on general@ for 9 days
 (6/17/2019). After community and PPMC   VOTE, we needed +2 binding votes.
 We received helpful comments from Justin McLean, but despite numerous
 reminders to VOTE, we still have yet to receive the last +1 binding VOTE
 from IPMC. We are concerned that without active mentors, our release
 cadence will remain slow and unresponsive to user communities.

 With Dave Meikle's help, we will be searching for two additional mentors
 so that our community is self sufficient. We recommend dropping Atri Sharma
 from the project for non-participation.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community has:
 * improved release processes and code base to expedite future releases
 [3,4]
 * gathered a wide base of users that are eagerly anticipating UserALE.js
 v2.0.0 via NPM (under VOTE within the community as of this date).
 * discussed with external parties research applications with university
 research labs in machine learning and social computing.
 * the community has organically grown with a new contributor, who is
 participating in VOTEs
 * the community expects to complete major updates to documentation on
 website and READMEs, in early JUL 2019. Wiki updates will complete shortly
 thereafter.

 Despite consistent challenges to our community throughout 2018, we are
 showing signs of growth, continue to have a relevant project, and are well
 postured to accelerate growth in the coming quarters. We remain committed
 to learning and adopting the Apache Way.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 * Completed migration to GitBox Repos
 * Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and version release plans (JIRA)
 continue to be maintained.
 * JIRA boards continue to be maintained.
 * Core product source code for front-end and back-end assets has been
 steadily maintained and modernized.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [X] Initial setup
 - [X] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [ ] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to Committer base on 2017-01-24
 Dave Meikle was added to PPMC on 2018-11-24
 Atri Sharma was added to PPMC on 2018-11-24

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks?

 See mentorship issues above.

 We are now aware that we can lean on general@ or INFRA for support
without permission and have deepened our knowledge of Apache processes so
that committers are more self-sufficient.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [ ] (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 - [X] (flagon) Dave Meikle
    Comments: Great to have two releases out post the name change. Now we
    need to work on improving the mentor situation and on building the
    community.
 - [ ] (flagon) Atri Sharma
    Comments:

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLAGON/Roadmaps
[2] https://www.npmjs.com/package/useralejs
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/flagon/
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLAGON/UserALE.js+Release+Manage
ment+Procedure

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:
 Justin Mclean: All PPMC members in the roster have permission to edit the
 incubator report, you don't need to rely on mentors for that. For extra mentors
 please ask on the incubator list.

17 Apr 2019

Apache SensSoft is a generalized user behavioral logging platform for web
pages and thin-client applications

Apache SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) Committer/Community Base.
 2. Complete our Podling name change
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap [1]

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

 * We have completed our PODLINGNAMESEARCH workflow and our new name Apache
 Flagon has been approved by VP of marketing [2].

 * We have posted tickets to change the name of our core assets (JIRA,
 Website, GitBox Repos) [3], to coincide with changing website text, other
 content-based references to Apache SensSoft.

 * We are preparing for additional releases, immediately following our full
 transition to the Apache Flagon Namesake (UserALE.js v. 2.0.0, 2.1.0; poss.
 Flagon 1.0.0).

How has the community developed since the last report?

 * The community has been:
 - discussing reaching out to other open source projects to identify other
 potential communities (analytical technologies) to drive developments, as
 well as increase interest in the Podling.
 - discussing research applications with university research labs in
 machine learning and social computing.
 - discussing adoption of the technology with interested entities and
 identifying/eliminating barriers to adoption.
 - updating documentation on wiki and READMEs to improve community growth

How has the project developed since the last report?

 * Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and version release plans (JIRA)
 continue to be maintained.
 * JIRA boards continue to be maintained
 * Core products have been maintained for modernization and for security
 posture.
 * New features have been added to enhance adoption and make Apache SensSoft
 competitive with open-source business analytics services (e.g., OWA).

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 * Despite challenges posed by dispersion of the original committers, the
 project is finding its footing again and continues to be desirable for
 consumption and relevant amidst alternatives. The impending name change is
 an opportunity for rebranding and acceleration of community growth.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to Committer base on 2017-01-24

 Dave Meikle was added to PPMC on 2018-11-24

 Atri Sharma was added to PPMC on 2018-11-24

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks?

 * Lewis McGibbney has been extremely helpful and has actively participated
 in our PODLINGNAMESEARCH.

 * Dave Meikle has actively participated in our PODLINGNAMESEARCH process
 and has pledged to assist in growing the community following a
 determination of our PODLINGNAMESEARCH results.

 * Atri Sharma has offered his mentorship, but is not yet elected to IPMC,
 and has not been able to offer binding votes.

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
 Comments:

 [X](senssoft) Dave Meikle
 Comments:

 [ ](senssoft) Atri Sharma
 Comments:

 [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps
 <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps>
 [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-154
 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-154>
 [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18100
 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18100>

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

16 Jan 2019

Apache SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Extending release process to other parts of the SensSoft software
 stack.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) Committer/Community Base.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap [1]

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

 Following a successful VOTE in favor of changing the Podling name [2],
 the community submitted 12 nominations for new Podling names [2]. The names
 are collected for easy reference on our confluence space [3].  The community
 downselected the names [2] JIRA tickets have been written to track
 progress on research on PODLINGNAMESEARCH board [4].

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community has been:
 - discussing reaching out to other open source projects to identify other
 potential communities (analytical technologies) to drive developments, as
 well as increase interest in the Podling.
 - discussing research applications with university research labs in
 machine learning and social computing.
 - the community has onboarded 2 new Mentors—Dave Meikle and Atri Sharma
 - updating documentation on wiki and READMEs to improve community growth

How has the project developed since the last report?

 Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and version release plans (JIRA)
continue
 to be maintained.
 JIRA boards continue to be maintained

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to Committer base on 2017-01-24
 Dave Meikle was added to PPMC on 2018-11-24
 Atri Sharma was added to PPMC on 2018-11-24

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks?

 Chris Mattmann and Paul Ramirez have been removed as mentors in the last
 month.

 Lewis McGibbney has been extremely helpful and has actively participated
 in our PODLINGNAMESEARCH.

 New mentors are awaiting a determination of our PODLINGNAMESEARCH and
 will assist in growing the community.

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
     Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Dave Meikle
     Comments:
 [ ](senssoft) Atri Sharma
     Comments:

 [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps>
 [2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9a971fee3b17ac401cf76b16e5dc026c10a2995
91ee93329117a3cec@%3Cdev.senssoft.apache.org%3E
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9a971fee3b17ac401cf76b16e5dc026c10a299
591ee93329117a3cec@%3Cdev.senssoft.apache.org%3E>
 [3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/PODLINGNAMESEARCH
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/PODLINGNAMESEARCH>
 [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENSSOFT-312
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENSSOFT-312>

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

21 Nov 2018

Apache SensSoft is a generalized user behavioral logging platform for web
pages and
thin-client applications

Apache SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Extending release process to other parts of the SensSoft software
 stack.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) Committer/Community Base.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

 The community submitted 12 nominations for new Podling names. The names
 are collected for easy reference on our confluence space [1].
 JIRA tickets have been written to track progress on research on
 PODLINGNAMESEARCH board [2].

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community has been:

 -discussing reaching out to other open source projects to identify other
 potential  communities (analytical technologies) to drive developments,
 as well as increase interest in the Podling.
 -discussing research applications with university research labs in
 machine learning and social computing.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and version release plans (JIRA)
 continue to be maintained. JIRA boards continue to be maintained

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [X] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks?

 Chris Mattmann and Paul Ramirez have been removed as mentors in the last
 month.

 Lewis McGibbney has been extremely helpful and has actively participated
 in our NAMESEARCH.

Signed-off-by:

 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:

 [1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/PODLINGNAMESEARCH
 [2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SENSSOFT/issues/SENSSOFT-308?filter=
allopenissues

}}}

17 Oct 2018

Apache SensSoft is a generalized user behavioral logging platform for web
pages and thin-client applications

Apache SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Extending release process to other parts of the SensSoft software
 stack.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) Committer/Community Base.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

 The community will begin the process of voting on a new project name this
 month.

How has the community developed since the last report?

 Several community members have started new employment opening
 opportunities for community growth. No new community members have come
 onboard.

 How has the project developed since the last report?

 Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and version release plans (JIRA)
 continue to be maintained.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [X] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments: Hopefully this report has been submitted just in time for
    the deadline.
    The SensSoft Podling is coping well under pressing conditions with an
    ongoing activity which seeks to essentially rebrand the podling. Once
    we find a new identity,
    I will be working to drive the SensSoft towards graduation. I have
    also expressed my desire to onboard one other mentor. Hopefully the
    IPMC has the capacity to rise to that request.
 [X](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments: Approved.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

19 Sep 2018

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Extending release process to other parts of the SensSoft software stack.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) Committer/Community Base.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmaps

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

 Yes. In the last Quarter, a number of core Apache SensSoft committers
 changed organization. While the Apache SensSoft team will use this as an
 opportunity to organically grow the committer/community based, these
 departures have caused branding concerns for the organization that
 initiated the Apache SensSoft software gift to Apache—The Charles Stark
 Draper Laboratory, Inc. (Draper). Specifically, in referencing an
 affiliation with the ‘Apache SensSoft’ project at different organizations,
 an Apache SensSoft committer received the following request from Draper:
 “We flagged your signature for review by Draper legal since SENSOFTtm and
 Software as a Sensor (R) are Draper-owned trademarks. As you know, the main
 purpose of trademarks is to avoid customer confusion. We believe that the
 use of SENSOFT or SOFTWARE AS A SENSOR in [another company’s] employee
 signature block may lead to confusion as to the source and owner of the
 SENSOFT product. While we appreciate your acknowledgement that Draper owns
 SOFTWARE AS A SENSOR and SENSOFT technology, and the good will behind your
 intentions to promote technology you worked on while at Draper, in order to
 preserve the Draper trademarks we respectfully request that you either:
 -Remove any reference of SENSOFT or SOFTWARE AS A SENSOR from your BAE
 signature block;  OR  -Indicate in the signature directly following SENSOFT
 the following: “SENSOFTtm and SOFTWARE AS A SENSOR are trademarks owned by
 the Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Inc.”  NOTE: SENSOFT refers to
 SENSSOFT (SENSOFT is a misspelling)  The committer in question has
 corresponded Draper and raised the issue that ‘Apache SensSoft’ refers to a
 public open source project, where ‘Software as a Sensor’ and ‘SENSSOFT’
 refer to Draper proprietary technology, as well as citing the terms of the
 Software Gift. Draper is steadfast in asserting rights now that committers
 formerly at Draper are now at other employers.  While this affects the
 Apache SensSoft community’s ability to grow through outreach and publicity,
 we do not believe we require Legal assistance from the ASF. Rather, in
 discussion with both Draper and Apache SensSoft PPMC/Champions, the path of
 least resistance appears to be to change the Apache SensSoft project name.
 The PPMC will initiate a vote on @dev for changing the name. If it passes,
 a subsequent vote will determine the projects new name. In the meantime,
 committers will begin removing references to Software as a Sensor(tm) from
 project documentation.

How has the community developed since the last report?

 Several community members have started new employment opening opportunities
 for community growth in the last quarter. No new community members have
 come onboard.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 Development continues at a sustainable level. Several major improvements
 have been made to make the Apache SensSoft stack deployable at various
 levels of scale, including major improvements to documentation and
 examples, and testing procedures. Project maturity roadmaps (Wiki) and
 version release plans (JIRA) continue to be maintained.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [X] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments: There are several issues identified above which, as would be
    expected, have somewhat stunted sustained growth. SensSoft is still
    however on track to graduation with motivation for graduation still
    present. The above report was produced by a PPMC member this time
    around, NOT the mentoring team.
 [X](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:
 Dave Fisher - I've pointed the podling to the suitable name search and
 reminded them that they need to look into more than the name
 of the project. They need to check their product names like UserAle,
 TAP, Distill and Stout.

18 Apr 2018

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Extending release process to other parts of the SensSoft software stack.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) community.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

 No

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community successfully delivered the first Incubating release for
 UserALE.js. No new community members have come onboard. Several members of
 the community VOTE'd on the UserALE.js 1.0.0 release candidate.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 Development continues at a sustainable level.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [X] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 2018-03-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 [ ](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments:

17 Jan 2018

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Moving towards the first Incubating release of the source code and other
 release artifacts to NPM/Bower, etc. 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft
 (Incubating) community. 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft
 Roadmap https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

 No

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community continues development via the scrum method. We are aiming for
 the generation of the first release candidate for UserALE.js. No new
 community members have come onboard with development swamping the mailing
 lists. SensSoft is currently being worked into a NASA ACCESS proposal which
 we hope will further community use and development.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 The project is making sustainable progress. Project members are driving
 towards generation of a release candidate for UserALE.js 0.1.0.

How would you assess the podling's maturity? Please feel free to add your own
commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 [ ](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments:

18 Oct 2017

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Moving towards the first Incubating release of the source code and other
    release artifacts to NPM/Bower, etc.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) community.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

 No

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community continues development via the scrum method,
 sprinting towards the generation of the first release candidate
 for UserALE.js. No new community members have come onboard with
 development swamping the mailing lists.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 The project is making sustainable progress. Project members
 are driving towards generation of a release candidate for
 UserALE.js 0.1.0.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 [ ](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

 - Drew Farris (shepherd): One mentor active on the mailing lists.

19 Jul 2017

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Moving towards the first Incubating release of the source code and other
    release artifacts to NPM/Bower, etc.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) community.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

 No

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community has been following a scrum method, sprinting
 towards the generation of the first release candidate for
 UserALE.js. This is showing a solid basis for growth and
 is working well. Josh Poore (project lead) recently demo'd
 SensSoft to a NASA Earth Science Data Systems Working Group
 focused on Search Relevancy. SensSoft is actively being evaluated
 and used within several prototypes at NASA JPL.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 The project is making sustainable progress. Project members
 are driving towards generation of UserALE.js 0.1.0 which is
 great.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [X] Initial setup
 [X] Working towards first release
 [X] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments:

19 Apr 2017

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Moving towards the first Incubating release of the source code and other
    release artifacts.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) community.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

 No

How has the community developed since the last report?

 The community has been stable and working well towards
 the commons goals identified within the Roadmap.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 The project has reached a stage where our first Incubating
 VOTE'ing process is very close. The community has been working
 well towards strategic release-oriented goals.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [x] Initial setup
 [x] Working towards first release
 [ ] Community building
 [ ] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
    Comments:
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
 [ ](senssoft) Chris Mattmann
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

 Drew Farris (shepherd):

   Two mentors active on the mailing lists. Development activity present on
   mailing lists. Progress towards first release observed.

27 Feb 2017

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Moving towards the first Incubating release of the source code and other
    release artifacts.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) community.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

 No

How has the community developed since the last report?

 SensSoft has seen increased uptake in ongoing DARPA projects meaning that
 there is increased opportunity for adoption as the Podling matures and
 aims for the first incubating release.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 The PPMC have developed a stunning/killer Website which embeds a demo:
 http://senssoft.incubator.apache.org

 The codebase has seen a bunch of commits and we are ready to move towards
 the first incubating release.

Date of last release:

 N/A

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 Arthi Vezhavendan was added to PPMC and Committer base on 2017-01-24

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
 [ ](senssoft) Chris Mattmann

19 Oct 2016

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Moving towards the first Incubating release of the source code and other
   release artifacts.
 2. Grow the Apache SensSoft (Incubating) community.
 3. Complete the issues highlighted at the SensSoft Roadmap
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENSSOFT/Roadmap

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

None

How has the community developed since the last report?

The community has not grown over and above the list of initial committers.
Draper Labs are doing a bunch of social media outreach and are also demo'ing
SensSoft at a number of Human/Computer + UI/UX Events so we hope this will
change.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The project has seen loads of activity on Jira and the mailing list. All code
has been licensed under ALv2.0 with NOTICE's, DISCLAIMER's, etc now being
committed across the SensSoft software suite. Jira is very busy. We are
utilizing builds.apache.org for all projects builds... this is part of the aim
to move towards CI for the SensSoft stack.

Date of last release:

 N/A

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

N/A

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
 [ ](senssoft) Chris Mattmann

Shepherd/Mentor notes:

 Drew Farris (shepherd): One mentor active within the past month. Active
   JIRA/Developers Mailing Lis

21 Sep 2016

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

  1. Establishing our Users mailing list and getting incubating releases
     to the user community
  2. Completing the initial build on our website(s) (in progress)
  3. Consolidating our Quick Start deployment guides on Apache infrastructure
     (Confluence, website) that allow for an end-to-end deployment of data
     collection services with containers for assets (Docker Images) for
     speedy deployment (in progress)

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

  No

How has the community developed since the last report?

  1. Community members have been working with DoD and Industry partners to
     bring them on as contributors to the project (ex. Other industry leaders
     in HCI/UX offerings for DoD have begun offering SensSoft products as
     part of their technical offerings).
  2. The community has established a Twitter feed (@ApacheSensSoft) and are
     growing our community by following others (e.g., Kitware, etc.)
  3. Community members from Draper Labs have made arrangements to present at
     uie21 and the emetrics summit as exhibitors to capture community
     followers in the UI/UX and business analytics communities.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  1. The transition to Apache Infrastructure is complete!!!
  2. We have moved over all our development tickets into Apache Jira. All
     development is now taking place @Apache which is great.
  3. We are working on new patches and version releases for TAP, UserAle.js,
     Distill products (sub projects under SENSSOFT), which will now be
     visible through commits.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
aware of?

  N/A

Signed-off-by:

  [X](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
  [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
  [X](senssoft) Chris Mattmann

Shepherd/Mentor notes:

 Chris Mattmann:

   Project has primarily being Championed by Lewis John McGibbney. Lots of
   lots of JIRA activity and mailing list activity from the Draper
   contributors, including Joshua Poore. Doing a good job starting up.

Date of last release:

  XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  XXXX-XX-XX

17 Aug 2016

SensSoft is a software tool usability testing platform

SensSoft has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

 1. Ensure that Software grant/CCLA are submitted to secretary@
 2. Port all infrastructure and community over to the ASF Incubator
    infrastructure.
 3. Grow the Senssoft community and work towards incubating releases.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

 N/A

How has the community developed since the last report?

 Senssoft has only literally arrived in the Incubator. Podling
 bootstrapping is currently underway. CCLA was received by secretary@
 and all CLAs have been submitted and received as well. We are ready
 to begin incubating.

How has the project developed since the last report?

 Project repos have been established at the ASF and the community
 are undertaking QA in order to have them writable.

Date of last release:

 N/A

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

 N/A

Signed-off-by:

 [ ](senssoft) Paul Ramirez
 [X](senssoft) Lewis John McGibbney
 [X](senssoft) Chris Mattmann