Please Note : This is extracted from a list of minutes which have been approved by the Board. The Board typically approves the previous meeting's minutes at the beginning of every Board meeting; therefore, this list below may not contain the minutes of the most recent Board meeting.

2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | Pre-organization meetings

Quetzalcoatl

16 Jun 2010

Terminate the Apache Quetzalcoatl Project

 WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it no longer in the best
 interest of the Foundation to continue the Apache Quetzalcoatl
 project due to inactivity

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Apache Quetzalcoatl
 project is hereby terminated; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Attic PMC be and hereby is tasked with
 oversight over the software developed by the Apache Quetzalcoatl
 Project; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Quetzalcoatl"
 is hereby terminated; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Quetzalcoatl PMC is hereby terminated.

 Special Order 7B, Terminate the Apache Quetzalcoatl Project, was
 approved by Unanimous Vote of the directors present.
 
 Philip M. Gollucci noted that infra has migrated off of this project.

16 Jun 2010 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Justin]


See Attic resolution.

19 May 2010 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Greg]

My sincere apologies to the board for missing the report deadline!

Quetz continues to remain mostly dormant. Although today someone posted a
mod_python bug report to the list, the first in many months.

There have been suggestions regarding moving the project to the attic. I am
contemplating this, it doesn't appear to be the obviously correct move at this
point, because the scope of Quetzalcoatl is wider than just mod_python and it
doesn't seem like there is nothing to do, the issue is mostly that the
original contributors for whatever reasons have been busy and are not
contributing currently. This is an on-going discussion, and I think by the
next quarter report time we will have decided on what the the best thing to do
is. If the board has any opinions on it, do not hesitate to email the PMC.

Greg has the action to ask Gregory to report again next month. We are getting conflicting input as to whether the project is going to the attic or not.

21 Apr 2010 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Greg]


Greg to inform the project that unless there is a new chair and monthly reports for three months that next months board agenda will have a resolution moving the project to the attic.

17 Mar 2010 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Justin]


Greg to present options: new chair, attic or httpd

16 Dec 2009 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Greg]

This report is a repeat of the previous one:

No new developments to report for mod_python this quarter. No new versions
released, no major issues discovered. The pace of development and Jira
issues is very very slow.

Shane suggests that this project either update http://quetz.apache.org/ or move to the attic. Greg to pursue.

23 Sep 2009 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Geir]

This report is a repeat of the previous one:

No new developments to report for Quetzalcoatl this quarter. No new
versions released, no major issues discovered. The pace of development
and Jira issues is very very slow.

Geir to get with the chair to determine if this is expected to improve or if the project should be moved to the attic.

17 Jun 2009 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Justin]

This report is a repeat of the previous one:

No new developments to report for Quetzalcoatl this quarter. No new versions
released, no major issues discovered. The pace of development and Jira
issues is very very slow.

Henri suggested that if there is no visible Apache presence, this project should end up in the Attic. Aaron to follow up.

18 Mar 2009 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Henning]

No new developments to report for Quetzalcoatl this quarter. No new
versions released, no major issues discovered. The pace of development and
Jira issues is very very slow.

21 Jan 2009 [Gregory Trubetskoy / J Aaron]

Things continue to be very quiet on the Quetz/mod_python front. No new
releases have been made since the last report and none are planned for the
near future.

The current version of mod_python works fine with the latest Python 2.x
branch, however now that Python 3.0 is out, we will try to make a new
version of mod_python, however it is not clear at this point how
complicated it will be and whether it is at all technically possible.

17 Dec 2008 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Bertrand]


No report provided. Bertand to request a report.

17 Sep 2008 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Greg]

Things continue to be very quiet on the Quetz/mod_python front. No new
releases have been made since the last report and none are planned
for the near future.

25 Jun 2008 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Bertrand]

No releases made since the last board report, no releases planned in the
near future.

Mod_python continues to be dormant, my recent email to the PMC received only
one response, and it appears that the current development team and the PMC
has either little interest or time (or both) to contribute to the project. I
personally feel that we do not know how it may evolve and so we are just
letting it be.

Infrastructure has just created a zone for us (which only took like a year),
so in the near future we will start moving modpython.org's content there.

Aaron to follow up on the implications of this project going dormant.

16 Apr 2008 [Gregory Trubetskoy / J Aaron]

Things continue to be very quiet on the Quetz/mod_python front. No new
releases have been made since the last report and none are planned for
the near future.

Aaron to follow up on the missing website and appearance on the front page.

19 Mar 2008 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Geir]


Geir to follow up on the missing report

19 Dec 2007 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Jim]

Finally just recently the mailing lists and other infrastructural things
for the Quetz TLP have been done and so the TLP transition is nearly
complete.

Aside from this, not much activity, mod_python development activity is
mostly dormant, no new releases in the pipeline.

Approved by General Consent.

19 Sep 2007 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Geir]

Again not much to report.

I am back from vacation, the TLP creation is now in the Infra queue in the
form of Jira issue INFRA-1355, hopefully it will be done soon.

On the development of mod_python - not much activity. Most likely in 6
months the focus will shift to adapting to Python 3K.

Approved by General Consent.

29 Aug 2007 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Justin]

There is not much to report. I'm away on vacation this month with very
little computer time and have not done much to advance the set up of the
Quetzalcoatl infrastructure. Mod_python development is nearly dormant
with last Jira issue update on Aug 7th. There are no issues or concerns
to report at this time.

Approved by General Consent.

18 Jul 2007 [Gregory Trubetskoy / Justin]

Mod_python
==========

* No new releases, things are quiet at the moment

Community
=========

* No new commiters or PMC members

Issues
==========

* Let it be officially known that the whole thread about the Quetzalcoatl 
TLP (the resolution for which was officially approved by the board) domain 
name on the board list was rather unhelpful and completely unproductive.

Board is unhappy with python.apache.org as a primary destination, but is OK with python.apache.org redirecting to the primary location. The root name for DNS, mailing lists, and the like may be any shortening of the name quetzalcoatl.

Approved by General Consent.

20 Jun 2007

Establish the Apache Quetzalcoatl Project

  WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
  interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
  Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
  Committee, charged with the creation and maintenance of
  open-source software related to mod_python and the Python
  programming language, for distribution at no charge to the
  public.

  NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
  Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Quetzalcoatl
  Project", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws
  of the Foundation; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the Apache Quetzalcoatl Project be and
  hereby is responsible for the creation and maintenance of
  open-source software related to mod_python and the Python
  programming language; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Quetzalcoatl"
  be and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
  serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
  of the Apache Quetzalcoatl Project, and to have primary
  responsibility for management of the projects within the
  scope of responsibility of the Apache Quetzalcoatl Project;
  and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
  hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
  Apache Quetzalcoatl Project:

     Graham Dumpleton
     Justin Erenkrantz
     Jim Gallacher
     Nicolas Lehuen
     Gregory Trubetskoy

  NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Gregory Trubetskoy
  be appointed to the office of Vice President, Quetzalcoatl, to
  serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
  Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
  resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
  a successor is appointed; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Quetzalcoatl Project be and
  hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the
  mod_python software and website; and be it further

  RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the mod_python
  software and website encumbered upon the Apache HTTP Server
  PMC are hereafter discharged.

 Special Order 6B, Establish the Apache Quetzalcoatl project, was
 approved by Unanimous Vote.