Apache Logo
The Apache Way Contribute ASF Sponsors

Formal board meeting minutes from 2010 through present. Please Note: The board typically approves minutes from one meeting during the next board meeting, so minutes will be published roughly one month later than the scheduled date. Other corporate records are published, as is an alternate categorized view of all board meeting minutes.

2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | Pre-organization meetings

Vice Chairman

27 Feb 2017 [Chris]

 Nothing to report.

18 Jan 2017 [Chris]

 Nothing to report.

21 Dec 2016 [Chris]

 Nothing to report this month.

16 Nov 2016 [Chris]

 Nothing to report.

19 Oct 2016 [Chris]

 Nothing to report. Just booting up in the role.

21 Sep 2016 [Greg]

 My last report is empty.

 Oh. Wait.

17 Aug 2016 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

20 Jul 2016 [Greg]

 Nothing to report at this time.

15 Jun 2016 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

18 May 2016 [Greg]

 Performed some minor "outward facing" work with my V.C hat on,
 but nothing particular to report.

20 Apr 2016 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

16 Mar 2016 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

17 Feb 2016 [Greg]

 Provided an email-interview for a story about open source
 communities and benefits/costs to companies seeking to move
 their proprietary code to F/OSS communities.

20 Jan 2016 [Greg]

 Nothing to report.

16 Dec 2015 [Greg]

 Sent a couple emails with my "hat" on, but nothing of substance to report.

18 Nov 2015 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

21 Oct 2015 [Greg]

 I believe I added "Vice Chairman" to an email signature line this
 month. Things are looking up.

16 Sep 2015 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for this month.

19 Aug 2015 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

15 Jul 2015 [Greg]

 Sam's work on Whimsy has enabled easy review/management of the Action
 Items held by Directors and other Officers. His tech solution has
 obviated any need for a social/manual solution. ++Kudos.

17 Jun 2015 [Greg]

 I've discovered that I have an Action Item to get action items
 into the agenda for review and prodding :-P ... and will dig in
 for next month.

20 May 2015 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month. Sent a reminder about action items, but
 I intend to figure out a more structured/helpful approach than a
 simple reminder. Something to grow into, over the next months.

22 Apr 2015 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

18 Mar 2015 [Greg]

 I participated in a couple marketing/PR events under my title
 this past month, but otherwise: quiet as usual.

18 Feb 2015 [Greg]

 Apologies for the short report, yet upon substantive matter:
 after speaking with Ross (President) and David (VP Infra), we
 have decided to move one contractor to an employee status via
 the PEO (professional employer organization) framework provided
 by Virtual as an experiment for the next two months. At the May
 Board meeting, a complete solution for all US-based contractors
 will be provided for Board review and consideration.

 Background: there are two options remaining open: PEO-based
 employment, and a third-party whole-option contract. Moving one
 contractor to the PEO solution will provide us needed detail.

 The goal for resolution of the contractor issue is to have a
 recommendation for the incoming board.

21 Jan 2015 [Greg]

 Options for handling our service provider contracts have been gathered from
 discussions and placed into version control. Refinement is now occurring, and
 expansion on the best options.

 At the moment, the two best options are to use Virtual's PEO (Professional
 Employment Organization) or to contract with a (corporate) third-party for our
 services.

17 Dec 2014 [Greg]

 I have started work on the contractor issue, but have nothing
 to report at this time.

19 Nov 2014 [Greg]

 I have been tasked to shepherd the discussion/research on our
 practices around contracting with service providers. There is
 nothing to report at this time, but progress will occur and be
 reported for the December report.

15 Oct 2014 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

17 Sep 2014 [Greg]

 Nothing of consequence to report, beyond a few wearing-hat emails.

20 Aug 2014 [Greg]

 A verbal report was provided, stating the Vice Chairman had
 nothing to report for the prior month.

16 Jul 2014 [Greg]

 The Quiet and The Stillness ... remains.

18 Jun 2014 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

21 May 2014 [Greg]

 Nothing significant to report at this time.

16 Apr 2014 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

19 Mar 2014 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for this month.

19 Feb 2014 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for this month.

15 Jan 2014 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for January.

18 Dec 2013 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

20 Nov 2013 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

16 Oct 2013 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

18 Sep 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

21 Aug 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

17 Jul 2013 [Greg]

 Announced the new PMC membership alteration policy, updated the
 appropriate web page, and provided several followup answers to
 questions that arose.

19 Jun 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

15 May 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

17 Apr 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for this month.

20 Mar 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report.

20 Feb 2013 [Greg]

 Nothing to report at this time.

16 Jan 2013 [Greg]

 Another month with zero official activity.

19 Dec 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing of consequence to report; minor tasks performed to
 support the operation of the Board.

21 Nov 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

17 Oct 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing particular to report, beyond that I will act as the
 meeting Chair for this month.

19 Sep 2012 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

15 Aug 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing to report beyond some Fundraising activities where I
 got to use my Vice Chairman title.

25 Jul 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for the month.

20 Jun 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing to report this month.

16 May 2012 [Greg]

 There is nothing particular to report/advise at the moment.
 Over the past month, my Vice Chairman hat has been observed
 with a bit of Fundraising and a bit of conference support for
 Apache BarCamp DC.

18 Apr 2012 [Greg]

 Over the past month, we've had a sudden flurry of new
 sponsors. Twitter at the Bronze level, GoDaddy at the Silver
 level, and Citrix at the Platinum level. I have spent time on
 the phone with Citrix, and worked with on-boarding each of
 these sponsors. I am working with their accounting departments
 and will shortly get them listed on our Thanks page. We expect
 to have some additional tweets/blogs talking about these new
 sponsors, in addition to the work done around Citrix' publicity
 about two weeks ago.

 As part of the above work, I've also formally signed, and
 committed to svn, a W-9 that we can provide to sponsors.

 Discussion: We need to be careful to make clear that the
 donation of code by Citrix and their sponsorship are
 unrelated. The incubator may yet reject the proposed code
 donation and proposed incubation of the code.

21 Mar 2012 [Greg]

 I've done a bit of fundraising work, but otherwise a quiet month.

15 Feb 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for the period.

24 Jan 2012 [Greg]

 Nothing to report. There was an intent for me to run the
 January meeting, but the date was moved to allow Doug to Chair
 the meeting.

21 Dec 2011 [Greg]

 no report was submitted.

16 Nov 2011 [Greg]

 No report filed

26 Oct 2011 [Greg]

 Greg gave a keynote at Apache Asia road show, and is going to Brazil
 for LinuxCon.

17 Aug 2011 [Greg]

 In my role as Vice Chairman, I spoke with the Financial Times (DE)
 and with the Economic Times (India), and performed a video
 interview in support of the Foundation.

20 Jul 2011 [Greg]

 In my role, I backstopped a request for our Chairman to speak
 at LinuxConf Brazil this November. I also did a press interview
 for a Git/Subversion story; it is unclear whether I'll be
 credited in my Vice Chairman role, or as VP, Apache Subversion.

15 Jun 2011 [Greg]

 Active as usual (Subversion and OOo), but not in my official capacity.

19 May 2011 [Greg]

 Still hanging out, doing the Vice Chairman thang. Nada to report.

20 Apr 2011 [Greg]

 The Vice is still here, and ready for action.

16 Mar 2011 [Greg]

 I have been working with Serge, Sally, and Geir to finalize a
 couple of our Platinum Sponsors. Otherwise, all is quiet...

16 Feb 2011 [Greg]

 As usual... all quiet, which I interpret as Goodness.

19 Jan 2011 [Greg]

 No report was submitted.

15 Dec 2010 [Greg]

    While not actually part of my Vice Chairman duties: I met with
    two of our platinum sponsors (Yahoo! and Microsoft) while
    traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area on a personal
    vacation. Our primary contact at Google (our third platinum
    sponsor) was abroad, so a meetup was not possible. A writeup
    and summary will be submitted to the Fundraising group within
    the week.

 Executive officer reports were approved by general consent.

17 Nov 2010 [Greg]

 This past month, I signed an agreement (as Vice Chairman) with
 Google regarding the operation of the upcoming Apache Extras
 hosting site. This was a sticking point in the project's
 forward progress, and the Community Development Project is now
 pushing it forward for a launch. The agreement was cleared by
 Legal and signed copies are present in foundation/legal/.

 No other activity or requests to report at this time.

20 Oct 2010 [Greg]

 The Chairman has not requested any support this past month, nor
 have I defined any additional tasks for myself/role. Thus,
 there are no activities or concerns to report at this time.

22 Sep 2010 [Greg]

 Nothing to report for the 11 days of holding this role. :-P